WHO WE ARE
Founded by Josh Harris and David Blitzer, Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) includes in its portfolio the Philadelphia 76ers, the New Jersey Devils, leading venue Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., the GRAMMY Museum Experience Prudential Center, the Delaware Blue Coats, the Binghamton Devils, the Sixers Innovation Lab Crafted by Kimball, and renowned esports franchise Dignitas. Led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. HBSE also strives to positively impact the local communities in which it operates through the powerful platform of sports. HBSE offers an energetic work environment built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do. Prudential Center in downtown Newark, N.J. hosts more than 175 concerts, family shows and special events annually and is the fourth-ranked sports and entertainment venue in the U.S. by Pollstar and Billboard. It is home to the New Jersey Devils, a renowned NHL franchise with three Stanley Cup championships and a proud, passionate fan base. Prudential Center is also home to the brand-new GRAMMY Museum Experience, the first and only of its kind on the east coast
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At HBSE, we engage, represent and reflect diverse voices of employees, players fans and communities. We are dedicated to hiring the best talent that is reflective of where we live, work and play – across all groups and levels; supporting and developing every employee to reach their potential; and creating an inclusive environment that allows team members to bring their true authentic selves to work.
Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment is seeking a Vice President to serve as the strategic revenue-driving and retention lead for all Premium Partnership Sales and Service initiatives for the New Jersey Devils and Prudential Center.
This team member will lead all aspects of the strategy, execution, and leadership of the teams responsible for the acquisition and retention of Premium Partnerships at Prudential Center. They will establish and maintain an elite premium sales and service team with a focus on cutting-edge sales techniques, world-class partnership hospitality initiatives, and a commitment to consistent personal and professional development.
The Vice President of Premium Partnerships will be responsible for establishing and executing annual premium hospitality business plans focused on the sale and retention of Prudential Center’s premium seating areas including The Lofts, Platinum Lounge, and Luxury Suites. This is a full-time position based in Newark, NJ.
EDUCATIONAL, EXPERIENCE & BASIC KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business administration/hospitality, or equivalent work experience
- Critical Evaluation- excellence in problem-solving, must exhibit good judgement
- Leadership & Navigation- outstanding management and leadership skills
- Global & Cultural Awareness
- Developed communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong analytical and storytelling skills to prospect, sell, service and measure effective partnerships
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Business Acumen: entrepreneurial, hardworking, and highly collaborative leader
- Work well under pressure and sound judgement in crisis situations
- Dedication to innovative thinking and execution
- Ethical practice
- Ability to balance several tasks simultaneously and to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Be adaptable and adjust to changing project scopes and timelines
- Ability to handle a variety of responsibilities by taking initiative; self-starter
- Relationship Management: excellent interpersonal skills; able to interact with vendors, colleagues and clients
- Must possess a friendly and professional attitude; a great teammate
- Professional attitude with a high energy level, strong work ethic and punctuality
- Strong mentoring skills with the capability of developing employees
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Salesforce, LinkedIn, ZoomInfo and related tools.
- 8+ years of sales and service experience, preferably within the sports or entertainment industries
- 5+ years recruiting, coaching and developing a best-in-class premium sales & service team and fostering a positive and cross collaborative culture.
- Passion for building high-performing teams and working in an industry that requires a demanding schedule, the ability to adapt and prioritize key objectives.
- Proven track record for creating innovative prospecting strategies that support the identification and generation of new premium revenue opportunities to meet and/or exceed established annual revenue goals
- Experience overseeing and managing department P&L to ensure revenue and retention accuracy• Prior experience participating and developing strong relationships in community and industry-related events, conferences and associations
- Must demonstrate a leadership and executive presence at speaking engagements, one-on-one dinners, prospect sampling and seat visits at games, open houses at arena, and offsite meetings
- Willingness to actively support local community of Camden, Philadelphia and Newark and the surrounding areas.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.