WHO WE ARE:
Founded by Josh Harris and David Blitzer, Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) includes in its portfolio the Philadelphia 76ers, the New Jersey Devils, leading venue Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., the GRAMMY Museum Experience Prudential Center, the Delaware Blue Coats, the Binghamton Devils, the Sixers Innovation Lab Crafted by Kimball, and renowned esports franchise Dignitas. Led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. HBSE also strives to positively impact the local communities in which it operates through the powerful platform of sports.
HBSE offers an energetic work environment built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do. Prudential Center in downtown Newark, N.J. hosts more than 175 concerts, family shows and special events annually and is the fourth-ranked sports and entertainment venue in the U.S. by Pollstar and Billboard. It is home to the New Jersey Devils, a renowned NHL franchise with three Stanley Cup championships and a proud, passionate fan base. Prudential Center is also home to the brand-new GRAMMY Museum Experience, the first and only of its kind on the east coast.
The Philadelphia 76ers organization is one of the most storied franchises in American sports, led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. The 76ers have attracted the industry’s top leadership talent from the NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB, MLS, UFC and NCAA, resulting in one of the most exciting, rewarding, and dynamic work environments within the sports industry. The 76ers offer a best-in-class workplace culture built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
At HBSE, we engage, represent and reflect diverse voices of employees, players fans and communities. We are dedicated to hiring the best talent that is reflective of where we live, work and play – across all groups and levels; supporting and developing every employee to reach their potential; and creating an inclusive environment that allows team members to bring their true authentic selves to work.
Ready to share your passion for sports and entertainment with fellow fans, demonstrate your leadership skills and drive meaningful results? HBSE is seeking a Manager to lead our Email Marketing Team. Do you have an eye for design, the ability to copywrite for various marketing messages, and possess strong reporting and analysis skills? Do you have an enthusiasm for sharing and developing these skills in others? If so, the Manager, Email Marketing role may be the perfect job for you!
HBSE’s email platform is one of the strongest communication tools the team has to engage our fans and attendees with exclusive content and drive ticket sales for the Philadelphia 76ers, New Jersey Devils, and Prudential Center events. As the Manager, you will lead our Email Marketing Team in executing email campaigns, managing database lists and working closely with HBSE’s various Sales, Marketing, and Content teams to execute key initiatives in support of the goals for ticket sales, engagement, and lead acquisition. Join our Digital Marketing Team and you’ll be helping to raise the bar for email marketing in the sports and entertainment industry
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage and develop a team of two email coordinators
- Lead the deployment of communication and marketing emails across all HBSE brands – Philadelphia 76ers, New Jersey Devils, Prudential Center events.
- Design and write emails that are consistent with brand style guidelines, using Salesforce Marketing Cloud Email Studio, or a similar WYSIWYG.
- Build tests within our email marketing campaigns to drive new insights on the habits and behaviors of our fans.
- Analyze and report performance of email campaigns and tests; identify and share recommendations to optimize email creative and campaigns and improve email best practices.
- Grow email list through audience segmentation and identifying quality lead generation sources
- Collaborate closely with the Sales, Marketing, Content and supporting HBSE departments, to design revenue-building fan experiences through email.
- Recognize the sports and entertainment industry requires flexibility in working extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
Qualifications (educational, experience, & basic knowledge requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college/university
- 5+ years of relevant e-mail marketing experience
- Proficiency in Salesforce Marketing Cloud (preferred) or a similar email service provider (ESP)
- Experience with mobile-responsive design
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat etc.)
- Foundational CRM and data management experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of e-mail marketing trends and best practices
- Excellent communications skills; ability to present ideas clearly and concisely
- Solutions-oriented with a focus on building actionable plans
- Team player who can establish a consensus with key stakeholders
- Ability to multi-task between concurrent assignments, prioritize effectively, and adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles; works well under pressure
- Less than 25% of the time.
- This position is based in our Camden, NJ office. Enquire for more details.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.