Founded by Josh Harris and David Blitzer, Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) includes in its portfolio the Philadelphia 76ers, the New Jersey Devils, leading venue Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., the GRAMMY Museum Experience Prudential Center, the Delaware Blue Coats, the Binghamton Devils, the Sixers Innovation Lab, and renowned esports franchise Dignitas. Led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. HBSE also strives to positively impact the local communities in which it operates through the powerful platform of sports.
HBSE offers an energetic work environment built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do. Prudential Center in downtown Newark, N.J. hosts more than 175 concerts, family shows and special events annually and is the fourth-ranked sports and entertainment venue in the U.S. by Pollstar and Billboard. It is home to the New Jersey Devils, a renowned NHL franchise with three Stanley Cup championships and a proud, passionate fan base. Prudential Center is also home to the brand-new GRAMMY Museum Experience, the first and only of its kind on the east coast.
The Director of Information Technology’s primary responsibility is to oversee the streamlined operation of the IT team and to ensure it aligns with the business objectives of the organization and overall vision for the IT operation. This individual’s principal goals are to develop and manage application and systems portfolios for each department, develop SOPs and policies and to attain all IT service level agreements for the user community within the organization.
The Director of IT will plan, coordinate, direct, and design operational activities of the IT department, as well as provide direction and support for IT solutions that enhance mission-critical business systems. The Director of IT will report to CTO and work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
Strategy & Planning
- Formulate and deploy long-term strategic plans for acquiring and enabling efficient and cost-effective information processing and communication technologies.
- Participate in IT department operational planning, including business alignment, project planning, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
- Liaison with and manage vendor relationships ensuring vendors are meeting project objectives and defined SLAs.
- Evaluate competitive landscape, recommend and deploy solution to innovate and constantly improve quality of the fan engagement and game presentation
- Administer and support line of business application
- Where necessary, re-engineer applications support to ensure it aligns with business requirements, processes, tactical planning, and strategic vision.
- Define and communicate project milestones, service level agreements, and resource allocation to key stakeholders.
- Develop and review budgets and ensure they comply with stated goals, guidelines, and objectives.
- Review performance of IT systems to determine operating costs, productivity levels, and upgrade requirements while being responsible for the high IT Services uptime and availability
- Benchmark, analyze, report on, and make recommendations for the improvement of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
- Develop IT requirements for all hardware and software upgrades, reviews submitted bids for compliance with stated requirements, and makes the appropriate recommendations for implementation.
- Authorize and oversee the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, and support of all hardware and software based on department needs.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Research potential technology solutions and implementations in support of new initiatives and opportunities.
- Oversee of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services and teams.
- Manage IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
- Advise on best practices in technology support and administration with focus on optimization of the operation
- Possess and apply knowledge of information and data security requirements and implementation of systems and processes to secure company networks and data and oversee cybersecurity operation and audit access rights for all IT resources
- This position requires interaction and coordination with all users of the facilities; teams, event promoters, broadcast groups and manage engagements with the NHL and NBA technology groups
- Ensure Service Desk SLAs and Customer Service standards are defined, communicated and met with focus on continuous improvement over time
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to enlist same in staff members in meeting constant deadline.
- Assist with the management and mentoring of IT staff to achieve company and departmental goals
Knowledge & Experience
- College degree in the field of computer science or information systems and 10+ years related work experience.
- Min 5 years’ experience managing and/or directing an IT operation.
- Proven experience in IT strategic planning and development, project management, IT budgeting and policy development.
- Practical working and technical knowledge of current network, Apple and PC operating systems, hardware, protocols, and standards.
- Strong practical knowledge of private and public cloud computing standards with focus on Salesforce, MS-O365, VMware and Azure.
- Experience and strong practical working knowledge of MS suite of products; with focus on Windows and Server OS and Office 365
- Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management.
- Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving business problems.
- Strong understanding of human resource management principles, practices, and procedures.
- Strong technical and Project Management skills and leadership qualities
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with ability to define and document IT requirements based on Business objectives and projects.
- Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues, products and services.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure, dynamic environment and manage multiple streams of projects and deliverables with a need for adjustments and rapid iteration.
- On-call availability and evening and weekends event support duties will be required
- Based in Camden, NJ and will be required to travel periodically to other facilities; Newark, NJ and Wilmington, DE