* In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.*
WHO WE ARE:
Founded by Josh Harris and David Blitzer, Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) includes in its portfolio the Philadelphia 76ers, the New Jersey Devils, leading venue Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., the GRAMMY Museum Experience Prudential Center, the Delaware Blue Coats, the Utica Comets, the Sixers Innovation Lab Crafted by Kimball, and renowned esports franchise Dignitas. Led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. HBSE also strives to positively impact the local communities in which it operates through the powerful platform of sports.
HBSE offers an energetic work environment built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do. Prudential Center in downtown Newark, N.J. hosts more than 175 concerts, family shows and special events annually and is the fourth-ranked sports and entertainment venue in the U.S. by Pollstar and Billboard. It is home to the New Jersey Devils, a renowned NHL franchise with three Stanley Cup championships and a proud, passionate fan base. Prudential Center is also home to the brand-new GRAMMY Museum Experience, the first and only of its kind on the east coast.
The Philadelphia 76ers organization is one of the most storied franchises in American sports, led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. The 76ers have attracted the industry’s top leadership talent from the NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB, MLS, UFC and NCAA, resulting in one of the most exciting, rewarding, and dynamic work environments within the sports industry. The 76ers offer a best-in-class workplace culture built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
At HBSE, we engage, represent and reflect diverse voices of employees, players fans and communities. We are dedicated to hiring the best talent that is reflective of where we live, work and play – across all groups and levels; supporting and developing every employee to reach their potential; and creating an inclusive environment that allows team members to bring their true authentic selves to work.
Based in New York, HBSE Real Estate is seeking a Design & Construction Associate to join our team. The Ideal candidate have +/- 10-15 years of experience, preferably with an architectural background or real estate development. The firm is comprised of exceptionally talented professionals who are dedicated to a common long-term objective of acquiring and developing real estate which improves communities around sports and entertainment venues. The Design & Construction Associate will work in the firm’s design & construction group to oversee the design consultants and process, and construction manager in executing development projects, and work selectively on Sports and Entertainment Real Estate Related Opportunities.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Lead all aspects of design & construction from concept through construction documentation, pre-construction, bidding through construction closeout
- Engage with and oversee the workflow of architects, engineers, construction managers and other consultants and service providers
- Negotiate scopes of work for contract agreements for consultants and vendors
- Review drawing documents during each design phase ensuring completeness of scopes for all disciplines and influences on costs and schedule
- Manage project soft/hard costs and track project budgets during predevelopment through construction completion
- Manage and negotiate GMP’s and Construction Management contracts
- Prepare/assist in preparing project schedules
- Review and comment on Construction Manager’s schedule updates challenging logic, sequence of activities and durations
- Oversee and manage RFI’s and shop drawing submittal processes
- Assist in obtaining all necessary building permits for construction
- Manage the day-to-day coordination during the construction phase
- Review and negotiate change order requests for proper scopes, costs and schedule impacts, and process owner approved change orders
- Manage and process consultant/vendor invoices and Construction Manager’s monthly requisitions
- Develop and manage the FF&E selection, procurement, and installation
- Responsible for punch lists and project close-out
- Bachelor's degree required with a concentration in architecture or engineering; Sports & Entertainment background a plus
- Critical Evaluation - excellent in problem-solving, must exhibit good judgement
- Ethical, has global and cultural awareness
- Strong analytical and storytelling skills
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Business Acumen - entrepreneurial, hardworking, and highly collaborative
- Work well under pressure and sound judgement in crisis situations
- Dedication to innovative thinking and execution
- Ability to balance several tasks simultaneously and to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Be adaptable and adjust to changing project scopes and timelines
- Ability to handle a variety of responsibilities by taking initiative; self-starter
- Relationship Management – excellent interpersonal skills; able to interact with vendors, colleagues and clients
- Must possess a friendly and professional attitude; a great teammate
- High energy level, strong work ethic and punctuality
- 10 – 15 years of professional experience working with an institutional developer, with exposure across various property types and mixed-use development
- Demonstrated success managing the life cycle of a project from design through construction and delivery
- Experience in construction project management and demonstrated track record executing large-scale complex projects
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail is critical
- Ability to work in a challenging, fast paced environment and handle multiple projects at the same time including travel on an as-need basis
- Willing to question assumptions, demonstrated passion for continuing education, and has a strong interest in the built environment
- Integrity and collaboration are key
- COVID-19 Vaccine Required: As of the first day of employment, you must be able to demonstrate proof that you are fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against COVID-19, unless you are granted a medical or religious exemption in accordance with Company policy.
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Flexible Spending Accounts (all LGBT friendly)
- Pretax Transportation Benefit
- Generous parental leave policies
- 401K (100% up to 5% is matched, after 1 year of service)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 13+ Paid Holidays
- ½ Day Summer Fridays
- Complimentary or Discounted Sports & Concert Tickets
- On Site Fitness Rooms
- Other League & Partner Discounts
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.