WHO WE ARE:
Founded by Josh Harris and David Blitzer, Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) includes in its portfolio the Philadelphia 76ers, the New Jersey Devils, leading venue Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., the GRAMMY Museum Experience Prudential Center, the Delaware Blue Coats, the Binghamton Devils, the Sixers Innovation Lab Crafted by Kimball, and renowned esports franchise Dignitas. Led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. HBSE also strives to positively impact the local communities in which it operates through the powerful platform of sports.
HBSE offers an energetic work environment built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do. Prudential Center in downtown Newark, N.J. hosts more than 175 concerts, family shows and special events annually and is the fourth-ranked sports and entertainment venue in the U.S. by Pollstar and Billboard. It is home to the New Jersey Devils, a renowned NHL franchise with three Stanley Cup championships and a proud, passionate fan base. Prudential Center is also home to the brand-new GRAMMY Museum Experience, the first and only of its kind on the east coast.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
At HBSE, we engage, represent and reflect diverse voices of employees, players fans and communities. We are dedicated to hiring the best talent that is reflective of where we live, work and play – across all groups and levels; supporting and developing every employee to reach their potential; and creating an inclusive environment that allows team members to bring their true authentic selves to work.
The Vice President, Diversity and Impact, will serve as a senior leader of the Diversity and Impact team and within HBSE more broadly. The role will report to and work closely with the Chief Diversity and Impact Officer to carry out HBSE’s racial equity commitment as well as it’s broader diversity, equity, and inclusion priorities.
The VP’s portfolio will have an emphasis on leading and managing the growth of HBSE’s internally focused DEI efforts such as employee resource groups, staff programming, and learning and development. The portfolio will also include working with business teams across the organization to provide strategic direction, support and project management on a variety of initiatives and programs.
The ability to strategically build an inclusive work culture and environment is crucial. Strong leadership, organizational, project management, communication and relationship skills are essential to the success of the position as well as a strong commitment to HBSE’s values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
ABOUT OUR FUNCTION:
HBSE’s diversity and impact efforts are be focused on implementing and expanding on the company’s history of promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) and it’s $20M commitment to racial equity which is comprised of the following pillars:
- Becoming a more diverse and inclusive company through efforts related to employee engagement, recruitment, retention, and advancement;
- Investing in community driven revitalization in underserved neighborhoods through HBSE Real Estate;
- Investing in, supporting, and doing business with diverse vendors;
- Promoting positive health, employment, and education outcomes in diverse communities; and
- Leveraging the power of HBSE’s brands and platforms to promote education, empathy and awareness regarding DEI issues.
Using these pillars as a guide, the Diversity and Impact team works collaboratively with all verticals within HBSE. The team is responsible for ensuring that HBSE is both instilling DEI within the company (e.g., culture, staff composition, etc.) and leveraging its business operations to have an impact on the communities within which we live, work, and play.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Work closely with Chief Diversity and Impact Officer to provide strategic direction and thought leadership for HBSE’s overall diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts.
- Lead and manage efforts to continue cultivating a workplace that celebrates staff from all backgrounds, allows employees to bring their whole selves to work, and provides a culture that is equitable, welcoming, and inclusive. This includes, but is not limited to, leading and managing HBSE’s DEI staff programming and employee resource group programs.
- Collaborate closely with HBSE business teams (e.g., partnerships, marketing, sales, business operations, recruitment and selection, etc.) to help lead, advise, and manage efforts and platforms that advance HBSE’s diversity and impact goals, especially those in Newark.
- Developing and managing a process to establish DEI goals and priorities across business teams and tracking progress towards those goals throughout the year.
- At least 10 years of demonstrated experience advancing diversity, equity and inclusion priorities within an organization, especially around culture and learning and development
- Passion for and dedication to advancing DEI within our workplace and communities
- Strong understanding of organizational dynamics
- Ability to both develop and implement strategy
- Strong people leader
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Relationship manager with strong interpersonal skills
- Can manage multiple work streams and priorities simultaneously
- Strong public speaker
- Entrepreneurial, hardworking, and highly collaborative leader
- High level of emotional intelligence and awareness
- Enjoys new challenges and learning
- Travel Requirements: Ability to work events and games which require nights and weekends and to travel
- Work Environment: May be expected to work events that may take place on evenings, weekends and holidays
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.