Founded by Josh Harris and David Blitzer, Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) includes in its portfolio the Philadelphia 76ers (NBA), the New Jersey Devils (NHL), leading venue Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., the GRAMMY Museum Experience Prudential Center, the Delaware Blue Coats (NBA G-League), the Binghamton Devils (AHL), the Sixers Innovation Lab, the 76ers Gaming Club (NBA 2K League) and New Meta Entertainment, a digital sports and entertainment company, which includes renowned esports organization Dignitas. Led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative sports and entertainment businesses in the world. HBSE also strives to positively impact the local communities in which it operates through the powerful platform of sports. For more information, visit www.hbse.comOUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At HBSE, we engage, represent and reflect diverse voices of employees, players fans and communities. We are dedicated to hiring the best talent that is reflective of where we live, work and play – across all groups and levels; supporting and developing every employee to reach their potential; and creating an inclusive environment that allows team members to bring their true authentic selves to work.
VICE PRESIDENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
HBSE seeks a VP of Human Resources to develop and execute our human resources strategy in support of our mission of building passionate, high-performing teams that inspire and enhance the communities where our fans live, work, play and win. As our VP Human Resources you will be responsible for leading our HR Business Partners across all HBSE properties, while also acting as the business partner for the Sixers and Delaware Blue Coats. You will be responsible for developing and executing our human resource strategy, specifically in the areas of organizational planning, talent management, change management, organizational and performance management, and diversity and inclusion. In partnership with the CHRO and senior leadership, you will define key Human Resources needs and plans and build a first-class organization that promotes a culture of growth and innovation.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee our HR Business Partner Team and collaborate with CHRO to provide strategic HR partnership to HBSE leadership.
- Work with our leadership to develop and execute human resource strategies that are aligned with the business’ strategic plans.
- Focus on culture through defining and implementing strong practices and processes in talent management, org design, performance management, coaching, retention and engagement of staff.
- Provides counsel to employees and management on employment issues, in conjunction with Legal as needed. Assures compliance with federal and state labor and employment laws. Conducts investigations, provides guidance on performance conduct matters, facilitates the resolution of disputes, interprets company policy, etc.
- Assists businesses in the development of related guidelines and procedures.
- Work closely with management and staff to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- In partnership with HR Operations, leverages HR analytics data in support of decision making in the areas of recruitment, talent management, employee engagement, performance and retention.
- Identify training needs for teams and individuals; partner with Learning and Development team in development of curriculum.
Educational, Experience, & Basic Knowledge requirements:
•Critical Evaluation- excellence in problem-solving, must exhibit good judgment • Leadership & Navigation- outstanding management and leadership skills • Global & Cultural Awareness • Developed communication skills, both written and verbal • Human Resource expertise • Excellent time management and prioritization skills • Business Acumen: entrepreneurial, hardworking, and highly collaborative leader • Work well under pressure and sound judgement in crisis situations • Dedication to innovative thinking and execution • Ethical practice • Ability to balance several tasks simultaneously and to prioritize in a fast-paced environment • Be adaptable and adjust to changing project scopes and timelines • Ability to handle a variety of responsibilities by taking initiative; self-starter • Relationship Management: excellent interpersonal skills; able to interact with vendors, colleagues and clients • Must possess a friendly and professional attitude; a great teammate • Professional attitude with a high energy level, strong work ethic and punctuality • Strong mentoring skills with the capability of developing employees
• 12+ years of Human Resources experience preferred, with at least three years in a strategic HR leadership role • Passion for building high-performing teams and working in an industry that requires a demanding schedule, the ability to adapt and prioritize key objectives. • Willingness to actively support local community of Camden, Philadelphia and Newark and the surrounding areas • Diverse projects and experience in multiple business functions
• Travel Requirements: Must be able to travel; trips will require air travel and/or overnight stay for one or more nights. • Physical Demands: This position requires the ability to lift to 10 pounds. • Work Environment:
This position generally requires that work be performed from Sixers Training Facilities, located in Camden, NJ, and will require frequent travel to Prudential Center/New Jersey Devils offices. In addition, attendance at events taking place in the arena or offsite, including on weekends and/or holidays, will be required.