The Binghamton Devils are currently seeking media relations interns for the 2018-19 American Hockey League season. This will be a hands-on internship, providing interns the chance to gain real experience in the field. This internship position will be responsible for assisting the Director of Media/Community Relations with a variety of tasks. There are three (3) positions available.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in managing game night media table; distributing credentials.
- Help manage team’s social media during games – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat.
- Maintaining working relationships with all local and regional media outlets.
- Coordinate and write content/goals for game night recap press release.
- Assist in managing press box for ALL Devils home games.
- Scoresheet distribution to all press box members & locker rooms during intermissions and post-game.
- Assist in any working media requests during games.
- Oversee team photography and uploading of game photos during the game.
- Research of team, players, history, etc.
- Postgame updating of player bios/game notes.
Skills, Traits, and Qualifications:
- Work ALL Binghamton Devils’ home games during the 2018-19 season from October until mid-April and playoffs, if necessary.
- Knowledge of all social media – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat.
- Must be a high school or college student working towards a career in media relations/public relations. If in college, must be earning college credit for internship.
- If not local a student, willing to relocate at own expense and find housing.
- Must always project a professional attitude and appearance.
- Knowledge of using social media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat..
- Simple video editing: Clip a highlight of a goal and/or interviews of a player/coach post-game
- Take notes and assist in typing the post-game recap story.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.