The Binghamton Devils are seeking a new media and digital content intern for the 2019-20 season September 2019 - May 2019) to assist in the marketing and videography department and support the organization's mission, vision, and values by exhibiting a commitment and ownership to our community.
This role is ideal for those current local college students looking to gain more experience in a professional sports environment. PLEASE NOTE: THERE IS NO SALARY OR STIPEND WITH THIS POSITION.
Digital Content and Marketing Responsibilities
- Provide video content for the Binghamton Devils websites, team apps and social media channels.
- Assist in developing short-form video features for the teams’ social media channels.
- Update slides that will be displayed on the video board during games.
- Capture high-speed game, practice action, and press conferences.
- Work closely with Digital Media Team to ensure quality, consistency, and creative flow of overall goals.
- Majoring in videography, photojournalism or a visual story-telling field. Media experience – digital, TV or print – preferred.
- Must have a keen visual eye and strong sense of what works with web videos and social video trends.
- Still photography experience and skills a bonus.
- Must be able to operate effectively in a fast-paced, live video environment.
- Must possess editing skills with the Adobe Creative Suite: Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Premiere Pro are required; competency in Adobe After Effects is preferred.
- Experience with lighting set up in different shooting environments, including interviews and stage sets.
- Knowledge and use of DSLRs and ENG cameras a plus.
- Must have strong organizational skills in order to effectively perform duties as listed above.
- Must be detail-oriented in order in order to effectively perform duties as listed above.
- Must provide web links to completed works and/or demo reels.
- Ability to multi-task and work in fast-paced environment.
Aside from the above stated duties, interns will be required to attend staff meetings and assist the front office staff whenever needed. Other duties could include: assisting with special events, theme night planning, customer service, answering phones, general office duties, and, if needed, playing the role of mascot.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.