Status: Full-Time (Exempt)
Start Date: April 2020
Compensation: Competitive Salary, Benefits, and Bonus Structure
Department: Ticket Sales & Service
Reports to: Vice President, Sales & Service
Location: SRFC Front Office (Sacramento, CA)
ABOUT SACRAMENTO REPUBLIC FOOTBALL CLUB:
Launched during Sac Soccer Day in 2013, Sacramento Republic FC exists to make California’s Capitol Region into the most inspiring, energetic and rewarding place to live, work and play through the beautiful game. From its inception, the club smashed USL Championship records, and claimed the 2014 USL Cup in its inaugural season. Through an unrivaled level of support from its fans and community, the club will join Major League Soccer in 2022 and build a soccer-specific stadium in Downtown Sacramento, serving as a catalyst for the largest urban infill project in the U.S. The Railyards Stadium includes plans for an entertainment district to extend use beyond match days for fans and visitors year-round. 'Sactown' provides a wealth of opportunity from a selling and professional growth perspective - a top 20 media market that has been named one of the ‘Nation’s Greatest Cities for Food Lovers’ by the Wall Street Journal and 'America's Most Diverse City' by Time Magazine, and is conveniently located in the heart of Northern California.
ABOUT ELEVATE SPORTS VENTURES:
Elevate Sports Ventures is a best-in-class sports and entertainment consulting firm, providing proven, innovative solutions to organizations across the global sports and entertainment landscape. Formed in partnership between the San Francisco 49ers and Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) in 2018, Elevate SV welcomed Oak View Group (OVG) and Ticketmaster and Live Nation as partners in June 2018 and is spearheading the most prestigious new stadium and redevelopment projects nationwide ranging from NHL Seattle to the New York Islanders’ new Belmont Park Arena. Other current projects include; Inter Miami, MLS St. Louis, XFL, and the Oakland A’s.
DIRECTOR, PREMIUM SALES – OVERVIEW:
The Director, Premium Sales will oversee the strategy, execution, and leadership of the sales team responsible for selling premium seating inventory in the Railyards Stadium of Major League Soccer’s 29th team kicking off in March of 2022. With 24 months until stadium opening, establishing a go-to market strategy to sell out 30 suites, 88 lofts, and 3,000 club seats is a top priority for Elevate and SRFC. A state-of-the-art downtown Sacramento experience center is expected to open this June to amplify the storytelling and sales efforts of the premium sales team.
- Lead the planning, development, and activation of selling multi-year leased premium product offerings (suites, lofts, clubs) at the Railyards Stadium.
- Lead the recruiting, hiring, training, and day-to-day management of suite sales team consisting of (4) premium sales professionals.
- Lead the planning and implementation of all outbound sales efforts, including experience center opening, product launches, sales events, seller incentives, and buyer incentives, for all premium focused products.
- Develop the premium product sales journey, appointment process, and closing strategy at the MLS experience center.
- Design the calendar, content, and strategy for reoccurring sales events at preview center and in the community – including friends and family, top businesses, local tastemakers, and influencer events.
- Lead, identify and direct the B2B prospecting strategies to drive campaigns for suite sales team members
- Collaborate with Elevate and SRFC marketing teams to plan and implement sales and premium brand driven marketing campaigns.
- Provide consistent reporting information by maintaining accurate daily, weekly, and overall updates of sales, outbound metrics, and event recaps.
- Collaborate with Elevate and SRFC CRM teams to maintain accurate customer and prospective customer records in our database and distribute leads in an efficient and strategic manner.
- Represent Sacramento Republic FC at all home games and various events to support ticket sales and premium efforts.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of 5+ years in sales experience, preferably in premium seating
- Minimum of 2+ years of team leadership, hiring, training, development, etc. with demonstrated success
- History of top Premium/B2B revenue production for a sports and/or entertainment organization
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral
- Strategic business planner with process-driven mindset and attention to detail
- Skilled in setting and running sales meetings, with ability to effectively pitch and present premium products
- Deep knowledge of the corporate sector and demonstrated ability to build meaningful relationships with key stakeholders in the market
- Must be able to work collaboratively across all departments and have a team-first mentality
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, events and holidays as required
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.