Title: Director of Ticket Sales and Operations
Reports to: Senior Associate Director of Athletics for External Affairs
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
ABOUT ELEVATE SPORTS VENTURES:
Elevate Sports Ventures is a best-in-class sports and entertainment consulting firm, providing proven, innovative solutions to organizations across the global sports and entertainment landscape. Formed in partnership between the San Francisco 49ers and Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) in 2018, Elevate SV welcomed Oak View Group (OVG) and Ticketmaster and Live Nation as partners in June 2018 and is spearheading the most prestigious new stadium and redevelopment projects nationwide ranging from NHL Seattle to the New York Islanders’ new Belmont Park Arena.
ABOUT SAINT JOSEPH'S UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1851 in the Jesuit tradition of academic excellence, Saint Joseph's University is a top-ranked Catholic University that provides a rigorous, student-centered education. With a total enrollment of 7,300 undergraduate and graduate students, the University offers a wide array of academic programs designed so that each graduate enters the world with a competitive resume and global perspective. This is achieved through intense academic study led by thought-leading faculty scholars, a comprehensive campus experience and robust study abroad, service-learning, internship and co-op programs. Upon graduation, nearly 100 percent of students are employed, pursuing advanced degrees or volunteering in prestigious service programs. A member of the Atlantic 10 Conference, Saint Joseph's competes in 20 Division I intercollegiate men's and women's sports. The University's alumni — over 72,000 strong — provide a powerful network that spans the globe.
The Director of Ticket Sales and Operations is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Athletics ticket office, including the sale, processing, and reporting of season and single-game athletic events, while ensuring a high level of customer service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and oversee the Ticket Office, including ticket sales, database management, and management of full-time, part-time, student and volunteer staff.
- Coordinate ticket sales, operations and customer service for all admission-charging sports.
- Collaborate with the athletics marketing staff to generate effective ticketing strategies.
- Work to coordinate the distribution of student and player-complimentary tickets for men’s and women’s basketball games and other ticketed athletic events.
- Provide leadership to increase ticket revenue and customer service.
- Coordinate with ticketing provider (Paciolan) and the SJU IT Department for technical needs for ticket database.
- Run reports including (but not limited to) NCAA and internal revenue reports.
- Coordinate with the Business Office to reconcile Ticket Office financials.
- Build and maintain all game and ancillary ticketed events on necessary ticket platforms.
- Develop operations plan for handling all functions including invoicing of account holders, seat upgrades, allocations, transfers, payment plans, and other ticketing initiatives.
- Develop and execute proper audit controls, close-out and reconciliation processes.
- Work with team sales leadership to develop scaling, inventory and allocation strategies to maximize season, group, and single game ticket sales.
- Prospect, establish, research and close sales leads through cold-calling, appointments and networking.
- Meet or exceed weekly/monthly sales and prospecting goals.
- Attend outside events with the purpose of selling, networking, gathering leads and prospects.
- Effectively build relationships with current and prospective customers in order to maximize sales and provide excellent customer service.
- Manage ticketing system contract, relationship and technology for all ticketing services.
- Coordinate with third-party ticket vendors, including managing ticket printing process.
- Serve as liaison with Athletic Development for The Hawk Athletic Fund and other specified Athletics initiatives.
- Part-time, student and volunteer staff
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: (Education/Training and Experience)
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-4 years of ticket office operations experience.
- Proficiency with Paciolan ticketing database.
- Demonstrated administrative and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and adherence to NCAA and member conference rules and regulations.
- Valid driver’s license and successful clearance of motor vehicle record check.
- Understanding of commitment to the mission of Saint Joseph’s University.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours:
- Long days, nights, and weekends possible during basketball season
- Travel may be required during basketball season
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds (equipment)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.