ABOUT ELEVATE SPORTS VENTURES:
Elevate Sports Ventures is a best-in-class sports and entertainment consulting firm, providing proven, innovative solutions to organizations across the global sports and entertainment landscape. Formed in partnership between the San Francisco 49ers and Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) in early 2018, Elevate SV welcomed Oak View Group (OVG) and Ticketmaster and Live Nation as partners in June 2018 and is spearheading the most prestigious new stadium and redevelopment projects worldwide ranging from NHL Seattle to the New York Islanders’ new Belmont Park Arena. Other current projects include Inter Miami, MLS St. Louis, and the Oakland A’s.
DIRECTOR OF SALES OVERVIEW
The Director of Sales will be responsible for developing and executing the hospitality and premium sales processes and strategies for a MAJOR National Event in order to exceed aggressive sales and profit targets.
This position will be responsible for overseeing a hospitality sales team and driving revenue for all assets, including but not limited to hospitality packages, travel accommodations, ticket packages, private events and experiences. In addition, the person in this role will be actively involved in the sales process, engaging C-Level executives and high net worth individuals through cold calling and networking skills to maximize revenue.
The ideal candidate must combine a passion for innovation, entrepreneurial mindset, relentless work ethic, great leadership and interpersonal skills.
They must understand complex selling concepts and possess the ability to work effectively as the leader of a high-level sales team and be able to build consensus with internal stakeholders within the organization.
- Develop the sales journey and closing strategy while proactively planning, adapting, and implementing virtual selling tools
- Lead the recruiting, hiring, training, and day-to-day management of the team that sells all hospitality products
- Identify and direct the prospecting strategies to drive campaigns for the sales teams
- Sell to C-Level executives and/or key decision makers of corporations, high net worth individuals via outbound sales calls, face-to-face appointments, and virtual presentations
- Execute and lead dynamic sales presentations to maximize revenue and exceed sales targets
- Collaborate with marketing team to plan and implement sales and marketing campaigns
- Work with stakeholder affiliate sales networks
- Provide consistent reporting information by maintaining accurate daily, weekly, and overall updates of sales, outbound metrics, and event recaps
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A. Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 7+ years of experience within the sports and entertainment industry as a sales leader and top performing revenue generator
- Must have above quota track record both selling and leading premium seating products with a team, event, property, and/or venue
- Team Lead and strong managerial experience a must
- Entrepreneurial spirit. Does what it takes. Strong sense of urgency and sales motivation. Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong prospecting, analytical, presentation and communication skills
- History of meeting challenging sales objectives in a high profile, competitive marketplace
- Disciplined manager who uses a balance of personal innovation and metrics to maximize sales performance
- Ability to work strategically and at a high-pace of personal output and productivity within a team setting
- Strong relationship builder internally and externally
- Excellent, professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Disciplined CRM practitioner
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus
- This position is unlikely to require travel
- This position requires the ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- The incumbent primarily works in an office environment, however, is expected to attend all events
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.