Compensation: Competitive Salary, Benefits, and Bonus Structure
Department: Corporate Partnerships
Reports to: Vice President, Corporate Partnerships
Location: SRFC Front Office (Sacramento, CA)
ABOUT SACRAMENTO REPUBLIC FOOTBALL CLUB:
Launched during Sac Soccer Day in 2013, Sacramento Republic FC exists to make California’s Capital Region into the most inspiring, energetic and rewarding place to live, work and play through the beautiful game. From its inception, the club smashed USL Championship records, and claimed the 2014 USL Cup in its inaugural season. Through an unrivaled level of support from its fans and community, the club will join Major League Soccer in 2022 and build a soccer-specific stadium in Downtown Sacramento, serving as a catalyst for the largest urban infill project in the U.S. The Railyards Stadium
includes plans for an entertainment district to extend use beyond match days for fans and visitors year-round. 'Sactown' provides a wealth of opportunity from a selling and professional growth perspective - a top 20 media market that has been named one of the ‘Nation’s Greatest Cities for Food Lovers’ by the Wall Street Journal and 'America's Most Diverse City' by Time Magazine, and is conveniently located in the heart of Northern California.
ABOUT ELEVATE SPORTS VENTURES:
Elevate Sports Ventures is a best-in-class sports and entertainment consulting firm, providing proven, innovative solutions to organizations across the global sports and entertainment landscape. Formed in partnership between the San Francisco 49ers and Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) in 2018, Elevate SV welcomed Oak View Group (OVG) and Ticketmaster and Live Nation as partners in June 2018 and is spearheading the most prestigious new stadium and redevelopment projects nationwide ranging from NHL Seattle to the New York Islanders’ new Belmont Park Arena. Other current projects include; Inter Miami, MLS St. Louis, XFL, and the Oakland A’s.
DIRECTOR, CORPORATE PARTNERSHIPS – OVERVIEW:
The Director, Corporate Partnerships is an integral member of the Partnerships team, who is responsible for identifying and creating new revenue opportunities through developing outreach strategies that result in innovative partnerships for Sacramento Republic FC’s new downtown Railyards Stadium. This individual will have the ability to sell multi-dimensional founding partnership agreements, reaching across a diverse array of new stadium and team assets to maximize value and long-term revenue for the Club. The ideal candidate possesses the desire and passion for sales development and should have the experience to generate leads, conduct sales meetings, assist in negotiations and evolve our customized presentations. In addition, he/she will need to work closely with the Partnership Activation team and other key internal stakeholders. This role will report to the Vice President, Corporate Partnerships.
- Develop innovative and industry leading programming and campaigns based on our client’s marketing/partnership objectives.
- Negotiate and close integrated sponsorship deals alongside Club leadership
- Developing a prospect pipeline and creative outreach plan (via targeting and qualifying leads through cold calls and referrals) for potential corporate partnership opportunities with regional, national, and international companies
- Meet with prospects and partners in-person to gain an understanding of their objectives
- Support sales team and clients by developing robust marketing campaigns/platforms to take to market
- Serve as an expert for the group on industry best practices, emerging categories, industry trends, etc. and integrate learnings into the sales process
- Work with clients to develop partnership platforms, campaigns, and digital assets that seamlessly integrate into partner marketing initiatives
- Assist SRFC Creative Team with creating customized sales proposals (design, graphics, terms, assets, language, etc.)
- Deliver professional engaging presentations to prospective partners
- Participate in individual weekly reporting to track prospects and partners along with their respective investment levels
- Liaise with other departments to maximize cross-selling opportunities and share new ideas
- Participate in community and industry-related events, conferences and associations that will enhance the Club’s reputation and potential for success while building new relationships with local/regional industry leaders
Education / Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree, 5+ years of experience in sports, event and entertainment sponsorship sales with extensive knowledge of integrated partnerships preferred
- Experience in closing long-term integrated partnerships
- Customer-focused, community-focused, team player
- Understanding of the broader sports sponsorship landscape and its major players
- Excellent business research, creativity and problem-solving skills
- Ability to analyze data frameworks to help prospect, sell, service, and measure effective partnerships
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to develop strong working relationships with partners, coworkers and other stakeholders
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Salesforce management
- Ability to work nights/weekends/holidays as needed
- Proven revenue generator with an excellent network of senior brand and agency contacts
- Demonstrated experience negotiating seven-figure average annual value partnerships
- Strong prospecting and leadership skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to meet challenging sales objectives in a high profile, competitive marketplace
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategic activation programs
- Track record of providing exceptional customer service
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.