ABOUT ELEVATE SPORTS VENTURES:
Elevate Sports Ventures is a best-in-class sports and entertainment consulting firm, providing proven, innovative solutions to organizations across the global sports and entertainment landscape. Formed in partnership between the San Francisco 49ers and Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE), Oak View Group (OVG) and Ticketmaster and Live Nation in 2018, Elevate is spearheading the most prestigious new stadium and redevelopment projects worldwide with all major professional sports leagues, teams and venues including the Seattle Kraken, Denver Broncos, New York Islanders, Los Angeles Dodgers, Oakland A’s, Inter Miam CFi, and St. Louis City SC.
CORPORATE COUNSEL OVERVIEW:
Corporate Counsel will provide strategic guidance, consultation, and support to senior leadership on a comprehensive range of legal and associated issues. A successful candidate will have strong contract drafting and negotiating experience and a willingness to learn new areas of practice and be responsible for various legal and compliance aspects of the business.
- Draft and negotiate a variety of agreements, including those for complex commercial relationships and tech transactions, with a focus on consulting services, software licensing agreements, as well as partnership and referral agreements
- Partner closely with business and corporate development teams to structure and implement strategic partnerships and potential acquisitions
- Advise management and business partners on various legal issues related to contracts, employment, data privacy, IP and litigation matters
- Collaborate with human resources to manage employee relations and apply employment laws, rules, and regulations to the operations of the businesses
- Manage/oversee the handling of any disputes, conflicts and/or litigation that may arise from time to time related to the partners, clients, and employee matters
- Serve as a trusted business partner and creative problem-solver
- Provide advice with respect to strategic decision-making for the business
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A. Basic Qualifications
- J.D. from an American Bar Association accredited law school
- Membership in one state bar is required
- 4+ years of transactional practice with an established law firm
B. Preferred Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience at a top national or international law firm
- 2+ years of experience drafting and negotiating tech transactions and software licenses
- Prior in-house experience in sports, consulting or technology
- State bar membership in either California or New York
- Strong business acumen and savvy, good common sense and sound judgment, with high degree of comfort making decisions, particularly in time sensitive, critical situations
- Creative thinker who can initiate and develop alternative approaches to complex issues
- Highly effective communicator at all levels who easily develops relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Highly analytical with a strong attention to detail
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Travel Requirements
- May be required to travel on rare occasions
- Physical Demands
- This position requires the ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- Work Environment
- The incumbent primarily works in an office environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.