Head of Innovations - Elevate Sports Ventures (Charlotte · NC · Open to Remote)
Elevate Sports Ventures Jobs
Jobs in Charlotte · NC · Open to Remote
Accounting and Finance: Risk Management/Strategic Planning
ABOUT ELEVATE SPORTS VENTURES:
Elevate Sports Ventures is a best-in-class sports and entertainment consulting firm, providing proven, innovative solutions to organizations across the international sports and entertainment landscape. Elevate provides thoughtful insights that empower sports teams, leagues, brands, venues, events and properties with comprehensive, revenue-driving solutions. Elevate’s unparalleled combination of agency and operating experience, along with proprietary products and solutions, maximizes efficiencies in Partnership Sales and Consulting; Hospitality Sales and Strategy; Brand Representation; Experiential Design; Feasibility and Revenue Consultation for New and Renovated Venues; Consumer Insights, Research, Strategy and Analytics; and more. Elevate boasts an active client roster of over 175 sports teams, brands, venues, events and properties from among the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, MLS, NWSL, professional US and international football, professional tennis, MMA, motorsports and horse racing, college athletics and more. For more information, follow Elevate on Twitter (@ElevateSV) and LinkedIn.
HEAD OF INNOVATION – OVERVIEW: We are searching for a Head of Innovation to oversee the enhancement of our company's innovative capabilities. In this role, you will actively identify key areas for innovative transformation, develop plans according to varying timelines, and manage these processes by aligning innovation goals with the company's broader business objectives.
To ensure success in this role, you should be detail-driven, strategic, motivated, and have a forward-leaning approach to business. Top candidates will have a track record of successful high-level interventions and projects which have resulted in long-term competitiveness within their organizations.
- Meeting with stakeholders at different levels to identify areas of innovation and growth through product development.
- Identifying innovation trends and business opportunities within the market.
- Leading a team to enhance and develop a comprehensive software platform for the business.
- Engaging with internal and external stakeholders to develop effective new ideas and innovative strategies for product development, marketing, branding, or business opportunities.
- Creating and overseeing a comprehensive long-term innovation strategy for the company.
- Advising management on yearly, medium-term, long-term, and future innovation goals.
- Presenting new ideas and approaches to high-level stakeholders.
- Lead product team to assess product mix and marketing strategy.
- Monitoring and managing strategic marketing plans for each product or product lines.
- Defining pricing and competitive positioning for each product.
- Developing budgets, forecasts, and KPIs for entire product team and software development platform.
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A. Education and/or Experience
- A graduate degree in strategy, leadership, business, or management.
- 8-12 years' experience in technology, business, marketing, or finance-related fields.
- 3-5 years' experience in a management position.
- An understanding of concepts such as AI, machine learning, and business intelligence.
- Adaptive thinking and a strong, critical mindset.
- Strong business acumen and presentation skills.
- Highly proficient at project planning, budgeting, and oversight.
- Forward-thinking and adaptable to dynamic situations.
- A solid understanding of innovation and how it should be applied in business.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills.
POSITION AND BENEFIT DETAILS:
- Full Time, Exempt
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance + FSA, HSA, and more
- 401k Employer Match after meeting eligibility requirements
- 14 Paid Holidays
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid Parental Leave
- Occasional travel will be required
- Must be willing to work non-traditional hours, including weekends, holidays and events as required
This position is open to all qualified candidates. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability in connection with the application process, you may contact us at [email protected].
We are proud to be an equal opportunity/veterans/disabled/ LGBT employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.