Elevate Sports Ventures is looking for an experienced senior business development professional ready to strengthen client relationships, support growth initiatives and drive sales growth in the sports and entertainment industry. The Vice President, Business Development will become an expert in Elevate’s services to drive revenue for all teams across the company. He/she will focus on personal branding through networking, speaking engagements and authoring articles for Elevate and industry publications.
II. ABOUT ELEVATE
Elevate Sports Ventures is a best-in-class sports and entertainment consulting firm, providing proven, innovative solutions to organizations across the global sports and entertainment landscape. Elevate SV taps into the extensive resources, relationships, and expertise of its partners to innovate and execute comprehensive strategies and solutions in Venue Renovations, Stadium Licenses, Premium Ticketing, Corporate Hospitality and more. Formed in partnership between the San Francisco 49ers and Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) in 2018, Elevate SV welcomed Oak View Group (OVG) and Ticketmaster and Live Nation as partners in June 2018. Elevate SV serves as OVG’s established representative in premium sales and service for its more than nine current and future OVG development projects, including NHL Seattle. Other projects include; Inter Miami, XFL, and Oakland A’s.
III. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and Responsibilities
- Apply knowledge of marketing, the sports and entertainment industry and market trends to identify key prospects, obtain meetings with key decision makers, qualify leads and build a sustainable pipeline
- Regularly conduct wide-spread sports and entertainment industry research including but not limited to sports teams and venues, business and technology trends, potential client prospects, and current events
- Generate new business by creating connection points for Elevate Sports Ventures ensuring we are well represented in new business pitches
- Manage business development and pipeline for valuation and analytics sales efforts within Elevates CRM system
- Manage the business development collateral creation, including: C-level presentations, state of the art proposals, custom ROI analysis, Elevate Sports Ventures brand value reports, and long-form agreements
- Develop detailed financial and analytical models to further business performance and deal negotiation
- Analyze complex, high-volume data sets to extract actionable insights on customer demographics and behavior as well as venue / vendor operations and sales
- Present findings and recommendations to all stakeholders, including executive management and third-parties
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A. Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of 8 years of business development and strategic analysis experience, preferably in the sports and entertainment industry
- Proven track record of developing and closing new account business and meeting sales objectives
- Industry credibility which will allow quick access to key constituencies
- Ability to embrace and digest facts and provide insight
- Strong verbal and presentation skills; able to tell compelling stories and be a persuasive presenter
IV. WORKING CONDITIONS
A. Travel Requirements
May be required to travel on some occasions
B. Physical Demands
This position requires the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
C. Work Environment
The incumbent primarily works in an office environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.