Reporting to the Chief Business Officer, XFL for Elevate, the Head of Ticket Technology and Operations will be employed by Elevate Sports Ventures but will be based in the XFL's Stamford, CT offices.
The Head of Ticket Technology and Operations will build and manage the league’s ticket operation, which will oversee ticketing for the XFLs eight (8) teams and venues. This position will be responsible for creating a centralized ticket operation that facilitates ticketing to the individual markets, ensuring a smooth end-to-end ticket experience in support of generating overall league ticket sales revenue. The Head of Ticket Technology and Operations reports to the Chief Business Officer (CBO) for Elevate – XFL on all aspects of ticket operations, sales and service, including but not limited to the following areas:
- Systems and event build-outs
- Inventory, scaling and pricing management
- Ticket systems administration
- Personnel management
- Game day ticket operations & services
- Sales, financial reporting, and event reconciliation
ABOUT THE XFL
The new XFL will reimagine football for the 21st century when it kicks off in early 2020. Delivering authentic, high-energy football for the whole family at an affordable price, the XFL will offer fast-paced games with fewer play stoppages and simpler rules. The league will launch with eight teams in markets across the country, 45-man active rosters, and a 10-week regular season schedule with a postseason consisting of two semifinal playoff games and a championship game. The XFL is a single entity that owns the league and all teams, employing professionals at the Stamford, CT headquarters as well as in each of the markets that the teams call home. Team markets for the inaugural season include New York City, Washington DC, Tampa, St. Louis, Houston, Dallas, Los Angeles, and Seattle.
ABOUT ELEVATE SPORTS VENTURES
Elevate Sports Ventures is a best-in-class sports and entertainment consulting firm, providing proven, innovative solutions to organizations across the global sports and entertainment landscape. Elevate SV taps into the extensive resources, relationships, and expertise of its partners to innovate and execute comprehensive strategies and solutions in Venue Renovations, Stadium Licenses, Premium Ticketing, Corporate Hospitality and more. Formed in partnership between the San Francisco 49ers and Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) in 2018, Elevate SV welcomed Oak View Group (OVG) and Ticketmaster and Live Nation as partners in June 2018. Elevate SV serves as OVG’s established representative in premium sales and service for its more than nine current and future OVG development projects, including the $700 million transformative redevelopment of the current Key Arena at the Seattle Center.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as Ticketmaster and ARCHTICS database administrator for all eight teams and primary point of contact for Ticketmaster and other ticketing partners on setups and integrations
- Assist in the development and implementation of the league ticketing license agreement
- Write and develop ticket operation, reporting, and service policies and procedures for use at the team level
- Build and maintain all game and ancillary ticketed events on Ticketmaster ARCHTICS, Host, and other necessary ticket platforms
- Work in tandem with league and team sales leadership to develop scaling, inventory and allocation strategies for each team in order to maximize season, group, and single game ticket sales
- Develop operations plan for handling all functions including invoicing of account holders, seat upgrades, allocations, transfers, payment plans, and other ticketing initiatives
- Develop and execute proper audit controls, close-out and reconciliation processes
- Work in tandem with sales and marketing leadership to develop sales and service communications (email, social, web, print, etc.)
- Oversee day-to-day management of team level ticketing staff
- Build and ensure reliable access control solutions at all league venues
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required;
- Minimum five (5) years computerized ticket operations experience with minimum two (2) years in management leading a ticket operations team;
- Highly-advanced user knowledge of Ticketmaster products (ARCHTICS, Host, AccountManager, TM1 and EMT Event Management), including event management and access control;
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have the ability to maintain professional behavior and appearance;
- Must have the ability to demonstrate uncompromising judgment and discretion to protect the confidentiality/privacy of others, and company documents and records;
- Must have a strong sense of self-awareness and emotional intelligence, strong interpersonal conflict resolution, and problem-solving skills;
- Must have truly outstanding customer service and interpersonal communication skills;
- Must have good decision-making skills, solid judgment and interpersonal effectiveness;
- Must have strong teamwork and relationship management skills; works effectively with all personalities to support a strong, unified sales culture;
- Must have an interest and ability in serving others as one of the primary functions of their job;
- Must be self-directed and able to work independently;
- Must be flexible & reliable team player, both within own department and within company as a whole;
- Must possess strong communication skills; must be comfortable with engaging in a variety of different communicative modes (verbal, non-verbal, and written) and being attuned to others through strong, active listening skills;
- Must have excellent written communication skills;
- Must possess a strong ability to manage one's own time and prioritize tasks when given clearly defined goals and objectives;
- Must be able to identify problems, their sources, and their potential solutions while continuing to successfully conduct day-to-day operations without interruption;
- Must have a strong command of reasoned, measured decision-making based upon analyzing the pros and cons of each potential decision to be made;
- Travel Requirements: Regular travel to XFL team markets will be required during the first season
- Physical Demands: This position requires the ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- Work Environment: The incumbent primarily works in an office environment, but may include attending select games and events at XFL team markets.
About the combined partnership:
- On May 1, 2019, the XFL selected Elevate Sports Ventures to guide and support ticket sales for the league’s eight teams. The two-year agreement also sets Elevate as the league’s first Business Solutions Partner.
Elevate will design, implement and manage database marketing and ticket sales strategies for the XFL’s teams in Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, New York, St. Louis, Seattle, Tampa, and Washington D.C. The XFL launches the weekend of February 8-9, 2020. The goal of the partnership is to bring the XFL to market efficiently and through the use of data-driven sales and digital marketing strategies and applications. Elevate will manage the day-to-day ticket sales effort in each of the XFL’s eight markets, working closely with each XFL team president and supplementing the skills of the team business operations group at the XFL league office.
The new XFL will reimagine football for the 21st century when it kicks off in early 2020. Delivering authentic, high-energy football for the whole family at an affordable price, the XFL will offer fast-paced games with fewer play stoppages and simpler rules. The league will launch with eight teams in markets across the country, 45-man active rosters, and a 10-week regular season schedule with a postseason consisting of two semifinal playoff games and a championship game. The XFL is a single entity that owns the league and all teams, employing professionals at the Stamford, CT headquarters as well as in each of the markets that the teams call home.