Job Title: Director of Ticket Sales and Experience
Reports To: Head of Ticket Sales and Experience, XFL Corporate
Effective Date: June 28, 2019
Location: New York City, Washington DC, Tampa, Houston, Dallas, St. Louis, Los Angeles, Seattle.
The Director of Ticket Sales and Experience is responsible for the growth and development of a team of sales people while leading the strategy and execution of all ticket sales, including but not limited to premium seating, season tickets, and group tickets, for the respective XFL team. The Director of Ticket Sales and Experience will be responsible driving and achieving sales goals in addition to the creation, launch, and oversight of multiple new business sales initiatives.
ABOUT THE XFL
The new XFL will reimagine football for the 21st century when it kicks off in early 2020. Delivering authentic, high-energy football for the whole family at an affordable price, the XFL will offer fast-paced games with fewer play stoppages and simpler rules. The league will launch with eight teams in markets across the country, 45-man active rosters, and a 10-week regular season schedule with a postseason consisting of two semifinal playoff games and a championship game. The XFL is a single entity that owns the league and all teams, employing professionals at the Stamford, CT headquarters as well as in each of the markets that the teams call home. Team markets for the inaugural season include New York City, Washington DC, Tampa, St. Louis, Houston, Dallas, Los Angeles, and Seattle.
ABOUT ELEVATE SPORTS VENTURES
Elevate Sports Ventures is a best-in-class sports and entertainment consulting firm, providing proven, innovative solutions to organizations across the global sports and entertainment landscape. Elevate SV taps into the extensive resources, relationships, and expertise of its partners to innovate and execute comprehensive strategies and solutions in Venue Renovations, Stadium Licenses, Premium Ticketing, Corporate Hospitality and more. Formed in partnership between the San Francisco 49ers and Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) in 2018, Elevate SV welcomed Oak View Group (OVG) and Ticketmaster and Live Nation as partners in June 2018. Elevate SV serves as OVG’s established representative in premium sales and service for its more than nine current and future OVG development projects, including the $700 million transformative redevelopment of the current Key Arena at the Seattle Center.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage, supervise, motivate, and provide leadership to a staff of approximately 4-6 sales people
- Assist in the strategy and execution of driving premium, season ticket, and group ticket sales for respective XFL team
- Regularly measure and report on the effectiveness of sales campaigns, offerings, staff performance, and provide strategic recommendations
- Provide successes and best practices to sister XFL teams
- Evaluate the daily activities of the sales team and provide regular feedback, training and coaching during weekly reviews and department meetings
- Provide guidance on the sales process with every team member, including assistance with prospecting, qualifying potential clients, presenting opportunities and attending meetings
- Actively research and analyze new technology, trends, developments within our league and industry and provide ideas and insights to improve our sales strategy and product portfolio
- Identify, recruit, hire and train current and new sales consultants
- Other duties as assigned
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in management leading a sales team, preferably in premium or ticket sales
- Excellent communications skills and a high level of energy;
- Must have the ability to maintain professional behavior and appearance;
- Must have the ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion to protect the confidentiality/privacy of others, and company documents and records;
- Must have a strong sense of self-awareness and emotional intelligence, strong interpersonal conflict resolution, and problem-solving skills;
- Must have truly outstanding customer service and interpersonal communication skills;
- Must have good decision-making skills, solid judgment and interpersonal effectiveness;
- Must have strong teamwork and relationship management skills; works effectively with all personalities to support a strong, unified sales culture;
- Must have an interest and ability in serving others as one of the primary functions of their job;
- Must be self-directed and able to work independently;
- Must be flexible & reliable team player, both within own department and within company as a whole;
- Must possess strong communication skills; must be comfortable with engaging in a variety of different communicative modes (verbal, non-verbal, and written) and being attuned to others through strong, active listening skills;
- Must have excellent written communication skills;
- Must possess a strong ability to manage one's own time and prioritize tasks when given clearly defined goals and objectives;
- Must be able to identify problems, their sources, and their potential solutions while continuing to successfully conduct day-to-day operations without interruption;
- Must have a strong command of reasoned, measured decision-making based upon analyzing the pros and cons of each potential decision to be made.
- Travel Requirements: May be required to travel on rare occasions
- Physical Demands: This position requires the ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- Work Environment: The incumbent primarily works in an office environment, however, is expected to attend all games and events.
Additional information on the XFL and Elevate Partnership
On May 1, 2019, the XFL selected Elevate Sports Ventures to guide and support ticket sales for the league’s eight teams. The two-year agreement also sets Elevate as the league’s first Business Solutions Partner.
Elevate will design, implement and manage database marketing and ticket sales strategies for the XFL’s teams in Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, New York, St. Louis, Seattle, Tampa, and Washington D.C. The XFL launches the weekend of February 8-9, 2020. The goal of the partnership is to bring the XFL to market efficiently and through the use of data-driven sales and digital marketing strategies and applications. Elevate will manage the day-to-day ticket sales effort in each of the XFL’s eight markets, working closely with each XFL team president and supplementing the skills of the team business operations group at the XFL league office.
The new XFL will reimagine football for the 21st century when it kicks off in early 2020. Delivering authentic, high-energy football for the whole family at an affordable price, the XFL will offer fast-paced games with fewer play stoppages and simpler rules. The league will launch with eight teams in markets across the country, 45-man active rosters, and a 10-week regular season schedule with a postseason consisting of two semifinal playoff games and a championship game. The XFL is a single entity that owns the league and all teams, employing professionals at the Stamford, CT headquarters as well as in each of the markets that the teams call home.