As an Elevate employee, this position is responsible for producing significant revenue for the NEW Belmont Arena Project (Opening Fall 21’) home of the New York Islanders and a total of ~125 sports & entertainment events annually.
II. ABOUT ELEVATE
Elevate Sports Ventures is a best-in-class sports and entertainment consulting firm, providing proven, innovative solutions to organizations across the global sports and entertainment landscape. Elevate SV taps into the extensive resources, relationships, and expertise of its partners to innovate and execute comprehensive strategies and solutions in Venue Renovations, Stadium Licenses, Premium Ticketing, Corporate Hospitality and more. Formed in partnership between the San Francisco 49ers and Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) in 2018, Elevate SV welcomed Oak View Group (OVG) and Ticketmaster and Live Nation as partners in June 2018. Elevate SV serves as OVG’s established representative in premium sales and service for its more than nine current and future OVG development projects, including NHL Seattle. Other projects include; Inter Miami, XFL, and Oakland A’s.
III. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meet or exceed revenue targets related to NEW Belmont Arena / New York Islander premium inventory for all associated arenas including Bunker Suites, Sideline Suite, Opera Boxes, Premium Club area’s, Club Seats, and all Premium Hospitality products.
- Responsible for outbound outreach lists provided; generate own leads through referrals, networking, social selling and effective research.
- Instrumental in helping to create sales strategy throughout the term of the project
- Must be effective self-prospector
- Schedule and execute face to face meetings with senior-level executives
- Create and develop new business by regularly pitching new prospects through virtual presentations, external appointments, phone prospecting, social selling and events.
- Attend outside events with the purpose of selling, networking, gathering leads and prospects
- Effectively follow up with customers and prospective customers in order to build relationships to help drive business and to meet excellent customer service requirements
- Contribute positively to a competitive sales team culture and participate in sales team meetings and training sessions
- Regularly produce accurate updates on prospecting activity, sales performance, outside appointment and event recaps
- Represent Elevate and other partners professionally
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A. Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required;
- Minimum of 8+ year sales experience, and 5+ years in a senior sales role preferably in Sports & Entertainment.
- History as a top revenue producer for a sports and/or entertainment organization - Preferably in the Tri-State area
- Excellent communications skills and a high level of energy & work ethic
- Must have the ability to maintain professional behavior and appearance;
- Must have the ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion to protect the confidentiality/privacy of others, and company documents and records;
- Must have a strong sense of self-awareness and emotional intelligence, strong interpersonal conflict resolution, and problem solving skills;
- Must have truly outstanding customer service and interpersonal communication skills;
- Must have good decision-making skills, solid judgment and interpersonal effectiveness;
- Must have an interest and ability in serving others as one of the primary functions of their job;
- Must be self-directed and able to work independently;
- Must be flexible & reliable team player, both within own department and within company as a whole;
- Must possess strong communication skills; must be comfortable with engaging in a variety of different communicative modes (verbal, non-verbal, and written) and being attuned to others through strong, active listening skills;
- Must have excellent written communication skills;
- Must possess a strong ability to manage one's own time and prioritize tasks when given clearly defined goals and objectives;
- Must be able to identify problems, their sources, and their potential solutions while continuing to successfully conduct day-to-day operations without interruption;
- Must have a strong command of reasoned, measured decision-making based upon analyzing the pros and cons of each potential decision to be made.
IV. WORKING CONDITIONS
May be required to travel on rare occasions
This position requires the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
The incumbent primarily works in an office environment, however is expected to attend all Races and Events.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.