In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
- Provide a high quality, organized on ice experience with command of the participants
- Assist in developing a structured approach to skill progression and development
- Adaptable coaching style with ability to facilitate to all levels of player talent
- Assess and review player skill sets and develop skill improvement programs and recommendations
- Prepare video clips from various sources for review with players, coaches via hockey specific software
- Conduct video review and analysis sessions with coaches and players focusing on development strengths and opportunities
- Represent the brand of Academy of Hockey at all hockey events
- Will work closely with all LECOM Harborcenter staff to ensure a quality experience for all participants
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Other duties and projects as assigned
Minimum Qualifications for the Position:
- A minimum of 5-7 years of hockey experience, driven from:
- High level playing career (College/Junior Hockey or above); and/or
- Coaching career (Youth to Professional)
- Youth/Junior coach – highest level coaching certifications/accreditations preferred (USA Hockey, Hockey Canada, etc.)
- A minimum of 3-5 years hockey skill development experience with a proven ability to develop strategies for players/teams at all levels, including professional
- Understanding and knowledge of hockey specific programs, i.e. HockeyShare, MyVA, Iceberg, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evening hours as needed during peak periods
- A high energy, detailed and results-oriented mindset, focused on the program experience
- Confident and clear communicator with players, parents, coaches and staff
- A high degree of personal integrity and honesty
- Ability to work independently and/or collaborate effectively as part of a team
- The pay for this role is $15.00 - $25.00, NOTE: Wages will be determined based on factors such as candidate experience, qualifications, skill set and internal equity.
Harborcenter Development, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.