BallerTV is a venture-backed startup on a mission to rapidly expand the spectrum of sports coverage so you'll never miss a game again. We provide live video, replays and highlights of the nation's top amateur sports events. Using a combination of top-end logistics and cutting-edge broadcast technology, BallerTV is uniquely poised to transform the sports media landscape.
This position plays a central role in the coordination and execution of numerous sporting events we cover simultaneously across the country. As a Site Lead, you’ll be the team captain of the operations team, and you will be critical in the success of an event. In this role, you will work to manage the logistics for each event while representing BallerTV on-site. Our ideal candidate is adaptable, organized, detail-oriented, and passionate about sports.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Transport, load-in and load-out, set up, and operate equipment for field/court production.
- Maintain equipment inventory and quality.
- Coordinates the on-site BallerTV team.
- Able to provide general knowledge of BallerTV product and engage with spectators, parents, coaches, and athletes.
- Distribute and display marketing materials as needed.
- Operates video equipment and keep score when necessary.
- Communicates and troubleshoots issues with BallerTV support staff.
- Ability to run errands prior to event and en-route to/from event venue.
- A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or GED required
- A minimum of 0-2 years of related work experience
- Ability to work weekends and holidays
- Have a reliable form of transportation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to manage and complete multiple assignments at the same time with great attention to detail and a positive attitude.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to think quickly on feet
- Ability to regularly stand, walk, climb stairs, and use hands to handle or feel for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with no assistance.
- Background check required.
- Working towards or have already obtained a bachelor’s degree in business, management, sports, and/or hospitality
- Experience working in sports, live events, hospitality or customer service
- Knowledge, interest and experience within grassroots basketball, volleyball, football, or softball is a plus
Job Type: Contract/Weekend Work - Pay Rate: $16/Hour
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.