Manager-Regional Development School with AMBS+E in MARIETTA · GA
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Atlanta United FC
Atlanta United joined Major League Soccer in 2017 and won the 2018 MLS Cup in just its second season of existence, the earliest an expansion team has won the title since 1998. During its inaugural season, Atlanta became just the fourth team in league history to qualify for MLS Cup Playoffs in its first year. The club has set multiple league records including season tickets sales (36,000-plus), single-game attendance (72,243), single-season average (53,002) and total home attendance (901,033). Owned by one of the city’s most influential businessmen and philanthropists, Arthur M. Blank, and led by club President Darren Eales, Atlanta United plays its home matches at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. For more information about Atlanta United, including how to purchase season tickets, visit: www.atlutd.com, and follow @ATLUTD.
About Atlanta United FC Academy
Officially launched in 2016 prior to its first season in MLS, the Atlanta United Academy program aims to be the leading platform of youth soccer development in the Southeast and currently competes in the U.S. Soccer Development Academy program. The ATL UTD Academy consists of teams in age groups U-12, U-13, U-14, U-15, U-16, U-17 and U-19. Shared with the first team, the Academy trains and competes out of the Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Training Ground.
About Atlanta United II (USL)
ATL UTD 2 is owned and operated by AMB Sports & Entertainment and is the United Soccer League Championship (USL Championship) affiliate of Major League Soccer’s Atlanta United. ATL UTD 2 joined USL for its expansion 2018 season and plays its 2019 home matches at Fifth Third Bank Stadium in Kennesaw, Georgia.
About Atlanta United Regional Development School
The Atlanta United Regional Development School (RDS) is a tryout-based program focused on creating high level training environments to push and challenge advanced level players. A pre-academy feeder system, RDS is the first step on the development pathway for Atlanta United players.
About AMB Sports + Entertainment Group
AMB Sports & Entertainment Group is a subsidiary of AMB Group, LLC, and is comprised of the Atlanta Falcons Football Club, LLC, Atlanta’s Major League Soccer team, Atlanta United FC, and the new Mercedes-Benz Stadium.
Who we are
We use our core values as a compass to guide our decisions because they are our North Star. If we live our core values daily, we know everything else will take care of itself. We enjoy a culture rooted in giving back to others through our time, talents, labor, and financial commitment. We are successful when we collaborate with and value each other like family, maintain a hunger to delight guests and continuously innovate, listen closely for even the smallest need for improvement, stand up for convictions, and genuinely own our responsibilities as if our name is on the outside of the building.
Our Ideal Candidates
Actively Listen – Take an active role in listening by being present in the moment, using healthy body language, and ensuring joint understanding. When we read between the lines and hear what others are saying and what they are not saying, we encounter amazing opportunities to go the extra mile in serving them.
Engage in Servant Leadership – Put others ahead of yourself even when it’s difficult. Find opportunities to lead by example in the way you pitch in and help others. Giving back to others is at the heart of what we do.
Build Relationships – Cultivate trust in relationships by showing respect and sensitivity. Invest time in helping others to continuously improve by listening to their ideas and helping them to continuously improve.
Own Results – Own issues you encounter even when they are outside of your area of responsibility by taking action or seeking out the needed resolution. You are empowered and expected to take risks aimed at exceeding the expectations of our guests. Take advantage of this rare opportunity by utilizing available resources.
The primary responsibility of the Regional Development School (RDS) Manager is to grow and manage RDS programs across the state. This includes coach recruitment, staff management as well as customer service. Additional responsibilities will include the development of curriculum content, partnerships, securing field locations and budget management. The candidate will also work closely with the Coach Education and Development Director to ensure ongoing player development support to club partners. The RDS Manager will report directly to the Coach Education and Development Director.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop an annual sales and operating budget for the RDS program, prepare presentations, proposal documents, and legal contracts for all partners and programs.
- Develop sales strategies and plans to achieve regional revenue goals and program growth.
- Prepare and report on annual budgets, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions. Carefully manage costs by setting up programs that operate efficiently.
- Provide weekly, monthly and quarterly reports using the company’s standardized tracking and reporting tools.
- Develop additional player pathway initiatives and programs
- Design and structure training programs that meet the development needs of players and coaches through ongoing program analysis and programs reviews.
- Primary point of contact for daily management and customer care of RDS program. This includes regular attendance of sessions and coach’s education meetings, contract and invoice management, program scheduling, program development, needs analysis and effectively scheduling trainers.
- Perform onsite facility inspections to ensure host locations are risk management compliant. Where required, liaise with DECAL to ensure all programs operate within required regulations. Additionally, the RDS Manager will be the initial point person for player welfare parent communication.
- Work with other Training Programs Managers to forecast required seasonal coaching staff, create seasonal training schedules, assist in the recruitment of coaches for the territory and help in the general oversight of the daily management of youth coaching staff. Includes attending weekly coaches’ meetings and performing mid and year end coaching staff reviews.
- Coordinate with the marketing dept to support marketing initiatives that help maximize attendance, revenue and awareness of all camp and clinic programs. This includes social media and e-marketing campaigns, working with partner clubs to distribute flyers and e-blast to their membership and identify various grassroots events that could help promote the brand.
- Excellent leadership skills to lead a team of coaches to achieve high quality standards of operation, professional development, and hit seasonal and annual objectives.
- Demonstrate strong management ability to complete key tasks thoroughly and in a timely manner.
- Exceptional presentation skills to present ATL UTD’s Pathway to the Pros and Training Programs. Lead key business-related discussions both internally and with youth clubs.
- Where required, perform various coaching duties within the region, this may include covering training sessions, delivering demonstration training sessions and conducting coach education courses.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelors degree, Master’s preferred
- Have a college or professional playing background
- Ability to speak other languages a plus
- Be a current USSF ‘B’ licensed coach (minimum)
- Have 5 years minimum experience coaching youth, collegiate or professional soccer
- Possess the drive to develop youth players and work as part of a team
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be a motivated individual who can work a varied schedule of nights, weekends, and holidays
- Possess strong organizational and personal management skills
- Possess basic computer skills, example Excel, Word, Power Point, Keynote
- Have the ability to plan, create, execute and document training sessions and programs
- Have a basic knowledge of the Development Academy rules and regulations
How did you hear about this job?