Communications Assistant with AMB Sports & Entertainment, LLC in MARIETTA · GA
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Atlanta United FC
- Actively Listen – Take an active role in listening by being present in the moment, using healthy body language, and ensuring joint understanding. When we read between the lines and hear what others are saying and what they are not saying, we encounter amazing opportunities to go the extra mile in serving them.
- Collaborate – Realize that we are better together than we are alone. We achieve much better results when others have the opportunity to add their diverse perspectives. Be open to feedback and actively seek input from a variety of people at varying levels because the best ideas come from those who are closest to those we serve.
- Engage in Servant Leadership – Put others ahead of yourself even when it’s difficult. Find opportunities to lead by example in the way you pitch in and help others. Giving back to others is at the heart of what we do.
- Build Relationships – Cultivate trust in relationships by showing respect and sensitivity. Invest time in helping others to continuously improve by listening to their ideas and helping them to continuously improve.
- Own Results – Own issues you encounter even when they are outside of your area of responsibility by taking action or seeking out the needed resolution. You are empowered and expected to take risks aimed at exceeding the expectations of our guests. Take advantage of this rare opportunity by utilizing available resources.
- Media monitoring: conduct regular media monitoring of Atlanta United and ATL UTD 2 coverage and log press clips electronically of club stories from local, national and international publications.
- Media relations: research, write and edit media communications (as necessary). In addition, provide on-site support at club events for both Atlanta United and Atlanta United 2.
- Database Maintenance: maintain database of media contacts for press outreach. Become familiarized with and utilize media contact research engines.
- ATL UTD 2: this role will have a heavy focus on ATL UTD 2, which requires attendance and coverage for most ATL UTD 2 home and away matches.
- ATLUTD First Team: Attendance and communications support at ATLUTD matches as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in (or currently studying) Journalism, Public Relations or related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with prior PR/communications experience, specifically PR tactics and general strategies.
- Working knowledge of MLS, USL Championship and U.S. Soccer
- Must be able to handle pressure and take initiative.
- Strong organizational and computer skills required.
- Should be flexible and a team player.
- Must be able to abide by club policy regarding player and coach interaction.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish or Portuguese) preferred but not required.
How did you hear about this job?