Photography Assistant with AMB Sports + Entertainment in Atlanta · GA
About AMB Sports + Entertainment Group:
- Actively Listen – Take an active role in listening by being present in the moment, using healthy body language, and ensuring joint understanding. When we read between the lines and hear what others are saying and what they are not saying, we encounter amazing opportunities to go the extra mile in serving them.
- Collaborate – Realize that we are better together than we are alone. We achieve much better results when others have the opportunity to add their diverse perspectives. Be open to feedback and actively seek input from a variety of people at varying levels because the best ideas come from those who are closest to those we serve.
- Engage in Servant Leadership – Put others ahead of yourself even when it’s difficult. Find opportunities to lead by example in the way you pitch in and help others. Giving back to others is at the heart of what we do.
- Build Relationships – Cultivate trust in relationships by showing respect and sensitivity. Invest time in helping others to continuously improve by listening to their ideas and helping them to continuously improve.
- Own Results – Own issues you encounter even when they are outside of your area of responsibility by taking action or seeking out the needed resolution. You are empowered and expected to take risks aimed at exceeding the expectations of our guests. Take advantage of this rare opportunity by utilizing available resources.
- Assisting in day-to-day photo administration and operations
- Serve as an assistant to the photographer(s) on select photo shoots
- Assisting Digital Asset Manager and Team Photographers with daily maintenance of the Digital Asset Management System (DAM); including tagging metadata, archiving, creating portals, spotlight searches and collections
- Coordinating delivery of images for internal and external partners
- Assist with coordinating freelance photographers as needed
- Photographing corporate events, community events and team events as needed
- Assisting Team photographers with team operations and imaging needs
- Research best practices in photography across professional sports teams
- Serve as a dedicated gameday/matchday resource in support of the Media and Creative teams; including running cards from photographers to editors, culling and post processing images for production, building photo galleries and serving as an alternate gameday shooter as needed
- Assisting the Creative and Digital teams as needed
- Commitment to a 30-hour work week for a period of 1 year with availability to work irregular hours, including nights and weekends
- Recent college graduate in Photography, Photojournalism, Visual Communication, or related field
- Possess a high level of interest in working in a fast-paced, sports-centered environment
- Must have at least one (1) year related work or volunteer experience
- Must be able to show a portfolio of work that outlines an understanding of visual storytelling, ability to work with natural and studio lighting, and knowledge of image post processing and editing
- Demonstrated experience with still photography and post processing skills
- Understanding of sports action, lifestyle and portrait photography
- Experience with Adobe Lightroom, Photo Mechanic, Photoshop and Mac operating systems
- Knowledge of DSLR and mirrorless camera systems
- Knowledge of metadata and how it effects the user experience when searching for an asset
- Ability to work with both ambient and studio lighting including familiarity with various light modifiers
- Experience setting up and working with remote cameras preferred
- Possess excellent organizational, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Maintain exceptional written and oral communication skills with ability to communicate to all levels
- Attention to detail and ability to focus on one task for an extended period of time
- Demonstrate maturity and professionalism
- Positive attitude and willing to go the ‘extra mile’
- Must be able to provide transportation to AMBSE properties and shoot locations
- Website CMS and DAM experience preferred
- Understanding of NFL and MLS preferred