Operations Purchasing Assistant with AMBS+E in Atlanta, GA
- Receives purchase requests from Stadium Operations department members;
- Researches products and vendors; writes RFP’s (request for purchases); obtains competitive bids; creates bid tabs; vets vendors and service provider credibility;
- Creates PO’s (purchase orders); tracks and confirms deliveries from inception to dock;
- Manages credit card purchases for the department; reconciles credit card statements;
- Processes invoices for payment, coding invoices to the correct cost center and adds notes to better understand work billed;
- Manages end of budget cycle budget code accruals;
- Manages COI (certificate of insurance) validation process;
- Tracks total departmental purchases;
- Savings due to competitive bidding;
- PO’s vs. credit card (pct.) as a percentage of total dollars spent;
- EBO purchases as a percentage of total dollars spent;
- Environmental/Green purchases as a percentage of total dollars spent;
- Reimbursables/billbacks for damage/department revenue as a percentage of total dollars spent;
- Budget-to-Actuals and year-over-year budget analysis.
- Creates MSA’s (master service agreements) when requested
- Creates and manages purchasing strategies, policies and procedures
- Manages Stadium Static Signage System
- Orders new signage as requested;
- Coordinates purchase or repair of damaged signage;
- Maintains inventory of in-house materials to create temporary signage as requested or required;
- Works closely with Inventory Control Specialist to manage spare part inventory levels, build relationships with vendors and periodically review pricing for competitive bid.
- Works closely with Administrative Coordinator to build departmental event estimates for major events.
- Assists in event preparation and execution as needed through physical inspection of public spaces for event readiness and dispatching of event set-up/ repair calls during events.
- High school diploma/GED required (Associate degree or higher preferred)
- Experience using financial systems; specifically Concur and Adaptive is a plus.
- 3+ years’ experience in a purchasing or procurement role; proven history of effective supply management;
- In depth knowledge of commonly used purchasing and contract terms; experience with value analysis
- Excellent communication skills with proven track record for strong negotiation;
- Proficiency in Microsoft products including Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint; experience with database programs a plus;
- Must be available to work 75% of major events; such as Atlanta Falcons, Atlanta United, concerts, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
How did you hear about this job?