Atlanta Falcons - Community Relations Seasonal Assistant - Atlanta Falcons - Community Relations (Flowery Branch · GA)
About the Atlanta Falcons
- Actively Listen – Take an active role in listening by being present in the moment, using healthy body language, and ensuring joint understanding. When we read between the lines and hear what others are saying and what they are not saying, we encounter amazing opportunities to go the extra mile in serving them.
- Collaborate – Realize that we are better together than we are alone. We achieve much better results when others have the opportunity to add their diverse perspectives. Be open to feedback and actively seek input from a variety of people at varying levels because the best ideas come from those who are closest to those we serve.
- Engage in Servant Leadership – Put others ahead of yourself even when it’s difficult. Find opportunities to lead by example in the way you pitch in and help others. Giving back to others is at the heart of what we do.
- Build Relationships – Cultivate trust in relationships by showing respect and sensitivity. Invest time in helping others to continuously improve by listening to their ideas and helping them to continuously improve.
- Own Results – Own issues you encounter even when they are outside of your area of responsibility by taking action or seeking out the needed resolution. You are empowered and expected to take risks aimed at exceeding the expectations of our guests. Take advantage of this rare opportunity by utilizing available resources.
This internship provides support to the Mascot and Cheerleading area of the Atlanta Falcons Community Relations Department. The assignment will require evening and weekend hours as dictated by the department’s events and game--day responsibilities.
- Manage Community Relations mascot and cheer request calendar
- Submit, track, and confirm all Community Relations mascot and cheer appearance requests
- Promote all mascot and cheer programs and appearances
- Create and upkeep databases for mascot and cheer related programs and promotions
- Consistently monitor and update mascot and cheer webpages, along with photo inventory and galleries
- Attend and assist with mascot and cheer appearances
- Assist with gameday operations for mascot and cheer
- Respond to all mascot/cheer related inquiries
- Assist with internal and external mascot/cheer appearance request forms, calendars, and confirmations
- Assist with youth cheerleading program
- Assist with mascot shows and programs
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Previous experience in event operations
- Minimum of two years’ experience in the sports industry preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint