In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
For more than 20 years, AEG has played a pivotal role in transforming sports and live entertainment. Annually, we host more than 160 million guests, promote more than 10,000 shows and present more than 22,000 events around the world. We are committed to innovation, artistry, and community, and leverage the power of our 300+ venues, leading sports franchises, marquee music brands, integrated entertainment districts, premier ticketing platform and global sponsorship activations, to create memorable moments that give the world reason to cheer.
Our business is interwoven with the human mind and heart, and we strive to build a diverse and inclusive company that reflects the artists, athletes, and fans that we host; reach beyond traditional boundaries to support the communities in which we operate; and minimize our impact on the environment by adopting sustainable practices throughout our business operations.
If you want to be challenged to up your game and make a difference, then join us in giving the world reason to cheer!
AEG and the Ontario Reign seek a Stage Manager for Game & Events Presentation & Production. The Ontario Reign Stage Manager will work under the supervision of the management staff of the Ontario Reign Game & Event Presentation, Production, Operations, and Entertainment department. This individual will assist in the coordination and execution of all assigned elements relating to live game and event production.
- Provide production and operational support to the Game Presentation department during all Ontario Reign home games and scheduled events
- Assist and participate during rehearsals, including: soundchecks (ie anthem singers), opening introductions, in-game promotions, intermission activities, ceremonies, flags, performances, color guards, group activities, etc
- Prep, manage, clean, retrieve and return equipment and props and other materials that will be used during the game/event, including performance mats and arena banners
- Promptly communicate any problems, issues, defects, or feedback to production management
- Will act as a liaison between the game/event Producer to set up and cue part-time Reign Ice Crew, host, and other talent for live promotional opportunities and intermission activities that occur throughout the game
- Coordinate with vendors, talent, players, executives, and guests to successfully execute all scripted elements and improvised game/event elements as required and as assigned
- Work with Producers and camera operators to frame and set up live promotions while coordinating with contestants, hosts, mascot, promotional team, and additional talent
- Responsible for ensuring that all pre-game, in-game, and post-game entertainment elements occur promptly at their pre-designated time and are executed accurately.
- Promptly relay and communicate all information to the game Producer and/or Director should any problems/issues/changes to scripted elements occur
- Relay subsequent response and any rundown and/or script changes from Producer and/or Director to the talent, Ice Crew, contestant(s), and camera operator
- Ensure all promotions and activities are accurately and clearly communicated and explained to any/all participants
- Ensure any/all safety and other precautions have been taken regarding participants in all promotions and activities, particularly those on-ice
- Providing and assisting with safety equipment, waivers, etc.
- Manage and coordinate ceremonies, entertainers, and other live presentations in coordination with instruction from Lead Producer
- Work with game/event management to ensure all prizing for any/all promotions or activities is correct, present, and distributed as instructed
- Find/secure contestants as required; escort talent, guests, experiential participants, and/or staff as requested
- Ensure setup of all promotional items
- Manage giveaway redemption tables, fundraising tables, and Chuck A Puck tables as needed
- Assist with duties as assigned for events including fan fests and watch parties
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The Stage Manager must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skill and abilities:
- Must be proactive, organized, and resourceful with great attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, meet tight timelines, and work effectively in a high pressure and fast-paced environment
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and ability to prioritize efficiently and quickly
- Outstanding customer service and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to professionally and calmly communicate and interact with all levels of management, staff, guests, children, executives, celebrities, players, VIP’s, etc. even in high pressure situations
- Ability to lift at least 20-30 pounds at a time
- Flexible schedule; able to commit to 80% or more of Ontario Reign home games (all Stage Managers are not required to work all home games – games are scheduled on a rotating basis amongst the Stage Manager pool of employees).
- Must be 18+ years of age
- Must be a high school graduate (or equivalent). Bachelor’s degree, or current college student, is strongly preferred
- 1-2+ years of experience working in live sports entertainment, TV/Film production, live event management, or other relevant production/coordination experience preferred.
- AHL/Hockey knowledge and passion is a plus
- Strong team-player; “above and beyond” work ethic and mentality
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.