LA Galaxy, Star Squad Member - Los Angeles Galaxy (Carson · CA)
For more than 20 years, AEG has played a pivotal role in transforming sports and live entertainment. Annually, we host more than 160 million guests, promote more than 10,000 shows and present more than 22,000 events around the world. We are committed to innovation, artistry, and community, and leverage the power of our 300+ venues, leading sports franchises, marquee music brands, integrated entertainment districts, premier ticketing platform and global sponsorship activations, to create memorable moments that give the world reason to cheer.
Our business is interwoven with the human mind and heart, and we strive to build a diverse and inclusive company that reflects the artists, athletes, and fans that we host; reach beyond traditional boundaries to support the communities in which we operate; and minimize our impact on the environment by adopting sustainable practices throughout our business operations.
If you want to be challenged to up your game and make a difference, then join us in giving the world reason to cheer!
The LA Galaxy Star Squad is a co-ed, highly-interactive group that represents the LA Galaxy organization at home games, events, and hundreds of "street team" appearances throughout the community, with emphasis on grassroots mobile marketing, fan development, and community/non-profit events. At games, the squad assists with entertainment, contests, activities, and promotions, serving as "brand ambassadors" responsible for meeting, greeting, and interacting with our guests from start to finish.
- Represent the LA Galaxy in a professional, enthusiastic and positive manner at all LA Galaxy home games and scheduled community events..
- Participant and activate with in-game promotions including sponsor elements, giveaways, t-shirt tosses, fan/ crowed interaction, etc.
- Help assist with On-Field Experience activities/groups during pregame and halftime.
- Work as Brand Ambassador to create a memorable experience for all fans and community members in attendance at Galaxy home games and community events.
- Responsible for set up, tear down, and management of all interactive elements at community events, with emphasis on mobile marketing, fan development and community/non-profit events.
- Promote current marketing, sales, and promotional initiatives of the Club at all home games and schedule community events.
- Supports the sales team to create leads through grassroots marketing opportunities during all schedule community / department events.
- Drive the Galaxy’s brand, events and marketing concepts through social media.
- Serve as liaison to provide the LA Galaxy with feedback from members of the community at Galaxy games and public events.
Required Qualifications (Job Knowledge, Skills, and Education):
- A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency
- A minimum of 0-2 years of related work experience
- Energetic, proactive and hard-working professional
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and ability to prioritize efficiently and quickly
- Ability to work well on a team
- Must have truly outstanding customer service and interpersonal communication skills
- Friendly and engaging personality, poise, confidence, and the ability to professionally communicate and interact with all levels of management, staff, fans, VIP’s, etc.
- Ability to lift or otherwise move/push/pull at least 25 pounds at a time
- Flexible schedule to include weekends, evenings, and some holidays to meet event/game needs.
- Must be able and willing to work the majority of all Regular Season LA Galaxy Home games for the season.
- Previous brand ambassador/promo team, spokes-modeling, public speaking experience is preferred
- Knowledge of, or experience in, team sports and soccer is preferred
Pay Scale: $20.00
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.