Director, Business Development - Los Angeles Galaxy (Carson · CA)
For more than 20 years, AEG has played a pivotal role in transforming sports and live entertainment. Annually, we host more than 160 million guests, promote more than 10,000 shows and present more than 22,000 events around the world. We are committed to innovation, artistry, and community, and leverage the power of our 300+ venues, leading sports franchises, marquee music brands, integrated entertainment districts, premier ticketing platform and global sponsorship activations, to create memorable moments that give the world reason to cheer.
Our business is interwoven with the human mind and heart, and we strive to build a diverse and inclusive company that reflects the artists, athletes, and fans that we host; reach beyond traditional boundaries to support the communities in which we operate; and minimize our impact on the environment by adopting sustainable practices throughout our business operations.
If you want to be challenged to up your game and make a difference, then join us in giving the world reason to cheer!
The Director of Business Development plays a critical role in the growth and development of new sports business opportunities and revenue streams for AEG, including but not limited to Soccer Champions Tour, the Coachella Valley Invitational, domestic exhibitions, international exhibitions, etc. This position will serve as a growth-minded partner to the Senior Director of Business Development, overseeing the development, planning, marketing, and execution of new sports business initiatives and revenue streams.
- Work closely with Senior Director of Business Development to oversee the creation, development and execution of sports business development initiatives for AEG and the LA Galaxy, including Soccer Champions Tour, the Coachella Valley Invitational, domestic & international exhibitions, and other new business initiatives.
- Work closely with Senior Director of Business Development to establish strategy, objectives, and requirements for business development materials (tracking documents, pitch decks, recap decks, competition calendars, maps and other new business materials). Clearly communicates direction for such materials and contributes to their development as needed.
- Lead the development and implementation of marketing and communications efforts for all business development initiatives by (a) establishing marketing and communications strategy, (b) communicating strategy to colleagues and agency partners, (c) overseeing the execution of strategy to ensure that all collateral aligns with approved approach, and (d) serving as the key PR contact for business development initiatives in the lead-up to events.
- Serve as the day-to-day contact for clients (MLS, Premier League, LaLiga, Serie A, Liga MX and other professional sports teams and leagues) to oversee the development, planning, marketing, and execution of business development initiatives from start to finish. Includes leading calls/meetings, managing relationships, etc.
- Oversee budgets of over $1M for business development properties and submits budget recommendations to management. Maintains clear communication with Senior Director of Business Development and keeps Finance appraised of new contracts, clients and deal terms for invoicing/accounting.
- Work closely with the Senior Director of Business Development to perform analysis, research and planning to assure that long-term goals are achieved.
- BA/BS Degree (4-year)
- 7+ years of related work experience
- Extensive knowledge of professional soccer and sports (preferred)
- Excellent communicator with strong inter-personal skills and the ability to handle a high-volume of calls, emails, meetings, etc.
- Proven event/entertainment marketer who knows how to execute high impact events that create buzz and earned media
- Knowledge of media buying/planning with ability to analyze campaign components, provide ROI and KPIs
- Experience with relationship management, deck building, workflow tracking, invoicing and settlements, etc.
- Self-motivated with the ability to function effectively with tight deadlines, manage multiple projects, resolve conflicts and operate effectively in high-pressure environment
- Ability to work both independently and with team members to complete projects with little direct supervision
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills
- Network of contacts and relationships within the sports and soccer community (preferred)
- Team player who enjoys fast paced and innovative environment
- Highly Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint); ability to learn other business systems as necessary
- Ability to work evenings, nights, weekends, and/ or holidays as needed
- Ability to travel frequently
Pay Scale: $98,645 - $110,000
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.