SVP/Chief Creative & Content Officer - Los Angeles Galaxy (Carson · CA)
For more than 20 years, AEG has played a pivotal role in transforming sports and live entertainment. Annually, we host more than 160 million guests, promote more than 10,000 shows and present more than 22,000 events around the world. We are committed to innovation, artistry, and community, and leverage the power of our 300+ venues, leading sports franchises, marquee music brands, integrated entertainment districts, premier ticketing platform and global sponsorship activations, to create memorable moments that give the world reason to cheer.
Our business is interwoven with the human mind and heart, and we strive to build a diverse and inclusive company that reflects the artists, athletes, and fans that we host; reach beyond traditional boundaries to support the communities in which we operate; and minimize our impact on the environment by adopting sustainable practices throughout our business operations.
If you want to be challenged to up your game and make a difference, then join us in giving the world reason to cheer!
The SVP/ Chief Creative & Content Officer is responsible for the strategic oversight and success of multiple departments by leading through subordinate management who oversees aspects of the departments to ensure maximum efficiency, profitability, and achievement of set revenue goals. This role is responsible for the development, implementation, and fulfillment of all aspects of marketing campaigns, digital and video content, internal and external communication to ensure alignment with the clubs vision/ strategy. This position oversees the management of these teams and collaborates with other department heads to drive revenue, strategy, and the vision for the club and the sports park.
- Responsible for planning, developing, and implementing the overall company's content and creative strategy to achieve short and long-term goals. Provides direction and leadership to each reporting department; allocate and oversee the successful completion of various projects
- Oversee the department and provide strategic direction, guidance and support on all initiatives while optimizing department integration so all team members and initiatives are planned and executed flawlessly. Develop and implements strategies to maximize marketing strategy for both entities
- Collaborate with all department heads to establish and execute major goals for the department
- Act as an influential liaison between soccer operations and the front office to ensure business effectiveness with content capture, media needs, communication needs, press releases and all logistics
- Acquire, analyze, and interpret statistics regarding market development and trends consulting with internal and external sources to develop new strategies
- Monitor how branding, marketing and communication opportunities are generated by implementing procedures for tracking the growth and other pertinent statistics to be reported to executive leadership team. Oversees the development in marketing strategies for branding initiatives
- Plans marketing communications campaigns by identifying communications concepts and strategies; coordinating with vendors
- Responsible for creating an annual budget and business plan, through direct contribution and delegation to heads of departments. Communicate project timelines, milestones, and actions to internal team and key stakeholders
- A minimum education level of: Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree (4-year) (Advance Degree Preferred) : Marketing, Communications, or Business
- 12+ years Related work experience
- 6-8 years Management experience
- Media or ad agency experience
- Proven experience creating content with defined success metrics as well as an understanding of the metrics with which creative is judged, on both traditional and digital platforms
- Portfolio of content with proven success metrics in both traditional media and digital
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook with the ability to learn required business systems.
- Proficient in forecasting costs associated with long lead creative pieces
- Strong knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods.
- Traditional marketing experience creating content for social channels is preferred, with a strong grasp on brand theory and brand management
- Strong relationship with, and understanding of social media platforms
- Detail-oriented, highly organized with an ability to think clearly under pressure and manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team
- Demonstrated ability exercising good judgement and discretion when handling sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment and adapt to change without notice
- Knowledge of sport and entertainment industry preferred
- Ability to travel and work flexible hours, on numerous weekends, and various holidays
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.