In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
For more than 20 years, AEG has played a pivotal role in transforming sports and live entertainment. Annually, we host more than 160 million guests, promote more than 10,000 shows and present more than 22,000 events around the world. We are committed to innovation, artistry, and community, and leverage the power of our 300+ venues, leading sports franchises, marquee music brands, integrated entertainment districts, premier ticketing platform and global sponsorship activations, to create memorable moments that give the world reason to cheer.
Our business is interwoven with the human mind and heart, and we strive to build a diverse and inclusive company that reflects the artists, athletes, and fans that we host; reach beyond traditional boundaries to support the communities in which we operate; and minimize our impact on the environment by adopting sustainable practices throughout our business operations.
If you want to be challenged to up your game and make a difference, then join us in giving the world reason to cheer!
L.A. LIVE is the leading entertainment district in Los Angeles offering six live entertainment venues, a fourteen screen cinema, the GRAMMY Museum®, and over twenty dining experiences. L.A. LIVE is the sports and entertainment district that surrounds Crypto.com Arena and Microsoft Theater. It's the host of the GRAMMYs, EMMYs, American Music Awards, ESPYs, and a years worth of red carpet premieres.
L.A. LIVE is the world's premiere live sports and entertainment district and was created to provide its guests an extraordinary live entertainment experience. L.A. LIVE is the most entertaining place on the planet.
The Security Specialist is responsible for the venue(s) Security department's recruitment, training, team member communication, documentation, administrative duties, scheduling, payroll, tracking performances, and special projects as assigned. The Security Specialist will also provide assistance and support to the Security Management Team.
Team Member Scheduling/ Payroll responsibilities may include:
- Manage/process team member schedule and payroll by ensuring all venue(s) events are fully staffed by managing schedules of 100+ Security Team Members, including Full-time and Part-time staff daily while monitoring call-offs, shift exchanges, and ensuring all changes are communicated to the Security Management team;
- Audit event and non-event break documentation, apply necessary deductions/penalties, approve/deny sick/vacation/PTO benefit requests in ABI while preparing disciplinary action, as needed. Complete PAFs for new hires, terminations, and LOAs;
- Create and maintain department staffing templates and specialized skill codes in ABI MasterMind, working closely with each Security Manager to adjust staffing numbers based on event needs.
Security Department Recruitment / Training responsibilities include:
- Assist the Security Management team, with the hiring process for Security Team Members; (job postings/descriptions, interviews, advertisements, job fairs, background checks, and drug tests) while working with Human Resources;
- Assist Management with the logistics and/or presentation for all training; (New hire, Annual staff training, ENCORE LA, Leading the Way, Emergency Procedures training, etc.);
- Assist with Emergency Procedure exercise, tabletops, and any other necessary training; d) Maintain records of CPR/AED/FA training for team members and supervisors.
Non-Event Security responsibilities may include:
- Ensure daily pass-down is updated and communicated to all Security Team Members. Enforcement and compliance of the venue’s Event Policies which has oversight of visitor management, credential enforcement, Security entry screening processes, while also serving as the escalation point for complaints/issues. Must have full knowledge of 24/7 Security Operations to include but not limited to Ramp Procedures, Administrative Office Procedures, Command Center Procedures, Non-Event access control, etc.;
- Understand and operate venue(s) security systems (Genetec, 24/7 Incident Command, Fire Alarm System, AVTEC Dispatch, C-Cure Access Control, Visitor Management, Ramp Bollards, and Access Gate, X-Ray Machine, etc.). Work with Security Management to arrange for maintenance/repair of all existing security systems;
- Fulfill the role of Incident Commander by managing emergency response until relieved of duties from a Security Manager or Building Manager while providing direction and guidance to all Supervisors and all Security Officers. Appropriately document, input, and update information into 24/7 Incident Management Platform, including events and all major/minor incident reports;
- Act as a liaison with local law enforcement as needed, oversee event briefings to LAPD Off-Duty Cadre working for the venue(s);
- Ensure that Security Command Center is adequately supplied with the necessary forms, documents, and supplies while maintaining department equipment inventory, including Magnetometers, Hand-Wands, tables, bowls, 2-way radios and accessories, CCTV, access control units, department uniforms, and any other supplies as needed; f) Complete training (i.e., C.P.R and A.V.A.D.E. and handcuff)
Staff Supervision responsibilities may include:
- Oversee the Deployment of staff for events. Ensure appropriate shifts, breaks, and necessary equipment are being correctly given;
- Actively monitor staff interactions with venue(s) guests, clients, artists/athletes, and team members at all events to ensure a safe, secure, comfortable entertainment experience for all. Provide leadership and guidance to the team members while providing timely, appropriate feedback on performance, both positive and corrective. Serve as mentor/coach to all Security team members. Effectively communicate escalated team member issues to Security Management Team;
- Administer disciplinary documentation as needed to ensure compliance with venue(s) company/department policies;
- Be a Management Liaison for Senior Security Supervisors, ensuring information from production meetings, department meetings, etc., are being shared and changes being implemented
Team Member Databases / Other;
- Regularly updates all relevant employee databases. (i.e., Guard Cards);
- Employee Self Service (ESS): Manages ESS settings;
- Maintain up-to-date department manuals, standard operating procedures, electronic forms, and paperwork;
- Occasional support to Security Manager on Duty during large-scale events (i.e., Grammy Awards) by submitting approved Incident Reports according to venue-specific guidelines (i.e., Event Recap Reports, summarizing: Event, Team Member, Venue, and Guest comments.);
- Submit Work Orders according to venue operational needs.
- Maintain Team Member HR-related documents and ensure appropriate pay rates and Team Member information is within ABI;
- Work with Human Resources regarding any security team member issues that may require follow-up or disciplinary action;
- Oversee department shared drive, ensuring all daily and event forms are up to date and train Supervisors on where to locate files;
- Oversee ABI Inventory/Wardrobe System verifying that all necessary equipment is entered into the system and available for check out;
- Manages all email blast communication with Team Members including Employee Offers, schedule time change information, added/postponed events, Human Resources related information, assist Security Management team with special projects/tasks as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 3 years of related experience, coaching, mentoring or supervising a team is preferred.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) is required.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal in the English language.
- Ability to organize, write, and complete security reports efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Must have a general understanding of the rules of law and relevant penal codes.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with limited supervision at times.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment when some tasks require less than 48 hours to complete.
- Must be able to adapt to changes in assignments per assignment.
- Must be able to establish and maintain good working relationships with building personnel, guests, visitors, clients, and vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with immediate co-workers as well as staff in other departments, particularly human resources and/or payroll staff.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism when dealing with sensitive Team Member related issues.
- Must maintain a high standard of grooming.
- Ability to work long irregular hours to ensure the completion of Employee Time Processing set by Payroll deadline(s). This will include weekends and holidays.
Preferred Qualifications (if applicable):
- CPR / AED / First Aid Training
- Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus.
Pay Scale: $22.49 - $32.80
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
AEG is committed to developing a diverse workforce reflective of the marketplace and the communities in which we do business. We believe a diverse workforce is not merely an advantage; it is mandatory for any company to be successful in today's business climate.
Anschutz Entertainment Group is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any individual, employee, or application for employment on the basis of race, color, marital status, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, handicap, or any other legally protected status recognized by federal, state or local law.
This Employer is subject to the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (FCIHO) (LAMC 189.00)