In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
For more than 20 years, AEG has played a pivotal role in transforming sports and live entertainment. Annually, we host more than 160 million guests, promote more than 10,000 shows and present more than 22,000 events around the world. We are committed to innovation, artistry, and community, and leverage the power of our 300+ venues, leading sports franchises, marquee music brands, integrated entertainment districts, premier ticketing platform and global sponsorship activations, to create memorable moments that give the world reason to cheer.
Our business is interwoven with the human mind and heart, and we strive to build a diverse and inclusive company that reflects the artists, athletes, and fans that we host; reach beyond traditional boundaries to support the communities in which we operate; and minimize our impact on the environment by adopting sustainable practices throughout our business operations.
If you want to be challenged to up your game and make a difference, then join us in giving the world reason to cheer!
The Risk Management & Safety Coordinator is responsible for supporting the department and the company in sustaining its various risks and safety programs. This position is responsible for supporting occupational safety initiatives, documenting workers compensation and auto incidents, maintaining incident tracking software programs, assisting in the development of injury illness prevention programs (IIPP), participating in safety inspections and maintaining records and documents as required for regulatory compliance.
What you will do
- Support occupational safety initiatives by coordinating safety trainings and awareness campaigns. Maintain educational safety resources.
- Participate in occupational and public safety meetings for various business units.
- Prepare injury and incident reports on site at assigned festivals and/or venues, including documenting workers compensation and auto incidents. Maintain incident tracking software programs.
- Provide assistance with the development of project specific safety programs such as Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP).
- Coordinate with Emergency Procedures team to support emergency response planning.
- Assist with audits and communications to staff in order to ensure compliance with company safety policies as well as federal, state, and municipal health, welfare, safety and environmental regulations. Participate in safety inspections and maintain records and documents as required for regulatory compliance.
- AA/AS Degree (2-year) (BA/BS Degree Preferred)
- 2-4 years Related work experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong information technology skills.
- Ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Must maintain the highest level of confidentiality and discretion in all communications.
- Possess strong prioritization, time management, organizational, and customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Attention to detail with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Risk Management Information Systems experience a plus.
- Occupational safety training or environmental safety and health certifications a plus.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Must be available to work weekends and evenings as needed.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) language skills preferred.
Pay Scale: $24.00 - $28.85
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her/their normal description.