Texas Motor Speedway LugNutz Scholarship Program with Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth, TX
Texas Motor Speedway LugNutz Scholarship Program
Texas Motor Speedway is looking for fun, energetic and outgoing people to work at Texas Motor Speedway as a LugNutz team member! LugNutz are a promotional street team that represents Texas Motor Speedway on race weekends as well as promotional events throughout the year. In addition to hands-on experience, valuable learning opportunities, the LugNutz will get paid to have fun! This position is great for marketing, communications, event sport management and advertising majors, but all majors are encouraged to apply.
- Must commit to the LugNutz program for one (1) academic year with dates ranging from October 2017 to June 2018.
- Must attend all race weekends at Texas Motor Speedway during the following dates: November 3-6, 2017, April 6-8, 2018, and June 8-9, 2018.
- LugNutz must participate in thirty (30) hours of paid promotion events throughout the academic year, other than race weekends. Willingness to attend these events will be part of the scholarship consideration process.
- Mandatory LugNutz orientation October 2017 and training session one (1) month prior to each race thereafter.
- Must be spirited and enthusiastic.
- Must have high energy level and positive attitude.
- Must have an outgoing and friendly personality.
- Must have excellent crowd interaction and must be able to interact well with children.
- Must be a good team player with the ability to work well with others.
- Must be willing to work outdoors, be in good physical condition and good health.
- $10.00 per hour during race weekend and promotional events.
- Five (5) to ten (10) members will be selected as LugNutz Captains and will receive $15.00 per hour during race weekends.
- Two (2) complimentary tickets to the days worked of race weekends. (Tickets will be given to LugNutz after shift is completed each race day.)
- Opportunity to represent Texas Motor Speedway, which was voted SMI’s 2016 Track of the Year.
- Further your education and career with hands-on experience in the event, marketing and promotional field.
- The TOP LugNutz team member will receive a $2,500.00 scholarship to be applied towards their continuing college education.
How did you hear about this job?