Marketing Intern with Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth, TX
Texas Motor Speedway jobs
Sports Jobs in Fort Worth, TX
As the Marketing Intern with the Marketing Department at Texas Motor Speedway, you will have the opportunity to gain experience in a creative business environment including implementing ideas that extend the motorsports brand through web-based marketing, social media and promotions.
The internship allows students to network with people within the motorsports industry and local community while working at one of the premier racing facilities in the United States. By the end of this internship, you will have a better understanding of the process and preparation that goes into planning and working at a race facility.
The voluntary internship will last, at minimum, the length of a semester, and all interns will experience multiple events including a major race weekend. The schedule is flexible and allows the student ample time to attend classes. However, the student will be required to attend certain events. While obtaining course credit for this internship by their college is not required, it is preferred.
- College level student majoring in communications, sport management, public relations, advertising, marketing, or related field
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Actively engaged as a social media user with profiles established on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and other social media sites
- Ability to remain flexible, handling changing priorities and tight deadlines
- Creative and able to provide a different perspective than the norm
- Must be able to work any scheduled event nights and weekends that fall during the internship
Duties: (Expanded upon during interview)
- Contribute to content curation for Big Hoss, social media, email blasts, etc.
- Assist with data collection and fulfillment of fan club packets
- Help with video production for Big Hoss TV
- Assist with maintaining www.texasmotorspeedway.com
- Collect and organize social media analytics
- Day to day office operations and other event related duties
- Other various tasks
How did you hear about this job?