Speedway Children’s Charities, the official charity of Texas Motor Speedway, is seeking dependable, highly-motivated, and hard-working individuals to sell 50/50 Raffle tickets during the upcoming race season. Each race weekend, one individual will win half of the net proceeds and the remaining proceeds will benefit Speedway Children’s Charities. This money will go to fund the children of North Texas in Collin, Dallas, Denton, and Tarrant counties.
- Facilitate raffle ticket sales via electronic handheld device and/or tablet.
- Actively engage fans to participate in the Raffle at mobile and/or stationary locations throughout the property, both the infield and the campgrounds.
- Educate fans about the rules and process of the 50/50 Raffle program.
- Accurately handle cash transactions and distribution of Raffle tickets.
- Responsibly deposit cash at the end of each shift.
- Educate fans about Speedway Children’s Charities, the non-profit beneficiary of the 50/50 Raffle program, including but not limited to its mission and programs.
- GED/High School Diploma required.
- Prior customer service or sales experience is a plus.
- Must have excellent cash handling skills.
- Must be a responsible, motivated individual with a competitive spirit.
- Ability to interact positively with a large fan base and actively engage all guests.
- Must be comfortable with technology (i.e. handheld electronic devices).
- Must be comfortable working in inclement weather.
- Must be able to work irregular hours including but not limited to days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to work a minimum of sixty (60) hours throughout the racing season (April 5-8, June 7-9, and November 1-4)
- Basic understanding of the etiquette and timing of racing is a plus but not required.
- Must be comfortable standing, walking up ramps and stairs, stooping, kneeling, and crouching for up to 5-7 hours.
- Must be able lift and/or move up to 15 lbs.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job.