- Speedway Motorsports is building a focus on four guiding principles:
- Take care of our teammates
- Be known for remarkable events
- Make a positive impact on the community
- Profitably improve
Texas Motor Speedway (TMS) is a key location in a network of motorsports facilities across the country. In addition to providing support to the events and operations teams at Texas Motor Speedway, the Event Coordinator also need to have a GLOBE mentality. GLOBE stands for Generously Lending Our Best Efforts. This is shown by holding themselves and their teammates accountable for taking our best practices “the last mile” – optimizing them for maximum value to teammates, customers, and corporate clients and sharing insights on how to improve our company.
As the Event Coordinator at Texas Motor Speedway, the following responsibilities are outlined as the Job Description for this position. With this being a new position at Texas Motor Speedway, the responsibilities could expand as we learn how to maximize the time and effort of this individual.
- Operational responsibilities
- Facility set-up for all Corporate Events and Facility Rentals
- Examples: Cleaning race track, preparation/set-up of garage areas, housekeeping, traffic patterns on property, road course set-up that could include moving tire bundles, moving k-rails, securing fire hydrants, etc.
- Administrative responsibilities
- Staffing of Corporate Events
- Examples: Fort Worth PD, Security, Speedway EMS, Vendor Rentals, Pacesetters etc.
- Finance Dept. responsibilities will also be required of the Event Coordinator.
- Examples: Payroll, Purchase Orders Etc.
- Major Event Weekend responsibilities
- Assist with Event related responsibilities.
- Example: Traffic, Parking, Camping, Security, Concourse/Gate Operations Etc.
- Misc. Weekend responsibilities
- As the Event Coordinator, you will be expected to work weekends. A flexible schedule or comp time will be discussed to insure hours do not go over an average of 45 hours per week.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Desire to take on new responsibilities
- Outgoing, personable
- Comfortable working both independently and as part of a team
- Machine Operator a plus (Fork lift, Sky Trak, Man lift etc.)
Job Function: Event Production
Job Type: Permanent
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.