As the Advertising/Events Intern with the Events Department at Texas Motor Speedway, you will have the opportunity to gain experience in the fields of advertising and event management in a business environment.
The internship allows students to network with people within the motorsports industry and local community while working at one of the premier racing facilities in the United States. By the end of this internship, you will have a better understanding of the process and preparation that goes into planning and working at a race facility.
The voluntary internship will last, at minimum, the length of a semester, and all interns will experience multiple events including a major race weekend. The schedule is flexible and allows the student ample time to attend classes. However, the student will be required to attend certain events. While obtaining course credit for this internship by their college is not required, it is preferred.
• College level student majoring in communications, sport management, advertising, marketing, or related field
• Good organizational and communication skills
• Eager to brainstorm and bring new ideas to all projects
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to remain flexible, handling changing priorities and tight deadlines
• Must be able to work any scheduled event nights and weekends that fall during the internship.
Responsibilities: (Expanded upon during interview)
• Assist with annual media buys which includes purchasing, creative, fulfillment and payment related to radio, print, television, outdoor, online, texting and more
• Assist with maintaining the annual advertising budget
• Help develop promotional campaigns with media partners
• Create and assist with activation of events hosted by the speedway
• Conduct research from other venues, tracks and sports teams
• Assist with day to day office operations and other event related duties
To apply send cover letter, resume and application to:
Texas Motor Speedway
Attn: Ellen Stallcup
P.O. Box 500
Fort Worth, TX 76101
How did you hear about this job?