Texas Motor Speedway is evolving and looking for highly motivated and passionate individuals to join their sales team. TMS is looking for candidates that have a passion for the sports industry, a solid foundation of sales training, and ability to initiate phone calls, emails, face to face appointments, and create new innovative programs to increase attendance and drive revenue.
The Account Executive job is a full time position with benefits.
Essential Duties and Primary Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Responsible for the sales of new Full Season, Partial Season and Group Outing ticket packages, as well as PSLs, Victory Lane Club, and Speedway Club packages to both the business and consumer sectors
- Meet and exceed established weekly, monthly and annual sales
- Maintain business relationships with a pre-determined book of business for on-going renewal and upsell opportunities
- Implement and demonstrate outbound sales efforts by using sales and service best practices, prospecting, networking, lead generation, referral gathering, data capture and personal database management
- Generate a pre-determined minimum number of outgoing phone calls per day with the purpose of creating new business opportunities
- Generate a pre-determined minimum number of weekly out of office as well as in venue “face-to-face” meetings to create new business opportunities
- Provide a superior level of customer service to all ticket buyers, regardless of level of purchase
- Continually create and implement unique sales strategies, ideas and programs as a means of producing new business opportunities
- Contribute positively to the sales team culture by developing mutually beneficial working relationships with all team members
- Participate and contribute to daily or weekly sales team meetings and training sessions
- Active involvement in at least one specified networking group, to assist in creating new sales opportunities
Include strong organizational, time-management, excellent oral and written communication, customer service and problem solving skills. The ability to function in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple projects simultaneously and adhere to deadlines is a must. Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel and Outlook) as well as the ability to navigate the Ticketmaster Ticketing System (Archtics) are essential. A candidate must have the ability to navigate Texas Motor Speedway in order to visit clients during race events and escort potential customers on seat tours, showing various seating options and facilities on both event days and non-event days. Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays is required.
- A minimum of two years of successful sales experience regardless of previous industry
- Four-year college degree in Business, Sports Management, or related field