New Hampshire Motor Speedway is looking for a highly-motivated Marketing Intern that is passionate and prepared to work in a fast-paced environment. The focus of the internship will be to assist the Marketing Manager on daily operations, media planning, school visits, off and on property events including; Bike Week, car shows, expos, NASCAR weekends and more. Although, these will be your primary responsibilities you may also be asked to help in other departments when needed to enrich your overall intern experience.
- Assist the Marketing Manager on daily tasks and other duties as assigned.
- Work some nights/weekends for a variety of shows and appearances by the NHMS team.
- Help research marketing best practices to make NHMS better.
- Assist with school outreach programs.
- Assist with the NHMS trade program for 2018.
- Work with multiple departments to build mascot and event schedules, may need to fill in when. necessary.
- Assist the social media team with content when needed.
- Learn and assist with all pre-race prep.
- Ability to speak professionally on phone calls and to the public.
· Degree-seeking college student majoring in marketing, communications or a related field.
· Ability to learn and adapt in a fast paced environment and thrive.
· Some knowledge of NASCAR and auto racing in general.
· Ability to work non-traditional hours, including nights and weekends. This includes the July NASCAR race (July 20th – 22nd).
· Strong writing and communication skills.
· Creative thinker/idea generator.
· Overall positive attitude and desire to learn as much as possible during the internship.
- This is a credit-based program and an unpaid internship. College credit must be received. Compensation for housing, transportation, and/or relocating will not be provided.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.