The internship program at Texas Motor Speedway (TMS) is designed to give college students hands-on training in their field of interest. The program provides real-life experience in the exciting and popular motorsports industry. TMS will also work with the student’s college to issue necessary documentation for class credit. A successful internship will not necessarily translate into permanent employment; however, interns are given the same consideration as other candidates when job opportunities arise.
Interns are required to work a minimum of 20 hours per week and, as a representative of Texas Motor Speedway, they are expected to present themselves professionally in their dress and actions. Employees and interns alike are forbidden to ask for autographs, photos or merchandise from any driver, car owner or crew chief. Doing so is grounds for immediate termination.
College Level Student – B.A., B.S. with the following majors, but not limited to, mass communications, journalism/photojournalism, communications, marketing, business, public relations or related field. Good organizational skills; attention to detail and accuracy. Must be able to work any scheduled event weekends that fall during the internship.
Sales/ Marketing Internship This is an unpaid internship.
· Assist in day-to-day operations. This may involve making phone calls, faxing, organizing, filing, odd jobs, etc.
· Help prepare Sponsor Review books for major race sponsors.
· Fill in for Receptionist during lunch hour.
· Assist with integrating new clients.
· Keep client history files orderly and up to date.
· Assist Account Executives in future client research.
· Copy and distribute client contracts.
· Help plan and organize client appreciation party.
- Be available for any errands or tasks that need to be done for Sales Department.
- Take race day photos of sponsor presence at track. This includes all banners, signs, promotional material, etc.
- Help in assisting clients in Sales suites.