Texas Motor Speedway Media Relations Internship
The internship program at Texas Motor Speedway provides college students the opportunity to gain experience in both public relations and motor sports. The internship allows students gain hand-on experience in the motorsports industry while at the same time allowing them to network with individuals in the industry. By the end of their internship they will have a greater understanding of the process and preparation that goes into a race weekend. The internship lasts the length of the semester and all interns will get to experience one race weekend. The internship is unpaid.
• All interns will conduct themselves in a professional manner. That includes proper dress and proper conduct during race weekend.
• Interns will report to their internship manager. Interns are required to contact their manager to notify if they will be late, absent or need to leave early on any given day.
• All interns will be treated as a regular employee of Texas Motor Speedway. They are to report to work on team each day (as assigned by their manager).
College Level Student – B.A., B.S. or majoring in mass communications, journalism, communications, marketing, graphic arts, public relations or related field. Good organizational skills; attention to detail and accuracy. Must be able to work any scheduled event weekends that fall during the internship.
• Assist in the planning and execution of PR/media events
• Assist with the compilation and updating of daily clip reports
• Assist in the organization of the media center before and after races
• Working with and assisting pit reporters and staff volunteers on race weekends
• Help with production of press releases and other news items
• Assist in updating the Texas Motor Speedway media guide
• Helping to maintain current media contact list
This is an unpaid internship