Kentucky Speedway is seeking a highly-motivated and dedicated intern to join our creative department for the summer. The primary responsibility of this position will focus on gaining hands on experience in the motorsports industry through various design projects. This is an opportunity to work with a highly skilled group of people on a variety of challenging initiatives. At Kentucky Speedway you’ll find our culture to be exciting and very fast-paced.
Areas of Focus include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Assist in creating promotional flyers, banners, email blast and materials for various events.
· Assist in day-to-day renderings, mock-ups, and editing of existing pieces.
· Assist in the design of various advertising campaigns, through print, radio and television.
· Assist in sign shop including printing and installation.
· Perform additional duties and objectives as assigned.
· Open to college juniors, seniors, and graduate students seeking an internship
· Graphic design or related major required
· Intern should provide their own laptop with programs
· Must be proficient in Adobe Suite- Photoshop CC, Adobe Illustrator CC, Adobe Lightroom CC, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe InDesign CC, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Recommended Skill – Adobe After Effects CC & Premiere CC
· Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
· Previous experience creating flyers, and promotional materials
· Previous experience in photography and video
· Detail-oriented, self-motivated and creative
· A winning, do-what-it-takes attitude with a desire to learn
· Able to work in a fast-paced environment
· Must provide portfolio of work
Schedule / Compensation:
Interns may work up to 40 hours per week during normal business hours with flexibility to work nights and weekends during events.
This position is an hourly position paid at $10.00.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.