SUMMARY: Under limited supervision, performs a variety of semi-skilled work in the maintenance of Texas Motor Speedway properties; and performs related duties as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assists the Operations Facilities Department staff to perform facility maintenance to Texas Motor Speedway.
- Performs routine plumbing repairs.
- Performs carpentry and painting duties
- Work events and perform various duties as needed to make event successful.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of trades related to building maintenance, carpentry and welding, etc.
- Knowledge of machinery, equipment, and tools necessary for the maintenance and repair of public buildings. (Skid loaders, man lifts, etc.)
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Skills in following safety practices and recognizing hazards.
- Skill in using hand and power tools.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with TMS staff and the public.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work involves moderate to heavy work in all types of weather. There is frequent need to stand, stoop, walk, lift heavy objects and perform other similar actions during the course of the workday.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School diploma or GED and two (2) years of maintenance training and experience. A valid driver’s license is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.