Events Intern – Kentucky Speedway
As an Intern at Kentucky Speedway in the Events Department, you will have the opportunity to gain experience in the field of event management and production. This internship will teach the importance of strategic planning, organization, coordination, and communication skills within many areas. The events department at Kentucky Speedway oversees a variety of areas including, but not limited to: credentials, camping, gate operations, and event staff training.
This internship will prepare you with a better understanding of the process and preparation that goes into planning and working at a race facility.
Interns may work 40 hours per week and must be available to work weekends during the races.
- Create credential boards and notebooks for gate entrances.
- Assist with credential mail out.
- Create reference books for each campground and information booths.
- Put together camping welcome packages and information booth materials.
- Assist with overall setup: campgrounds, signage, fencing, tents, tables, etc,
- Coordinate staff meals during events.
- Assist with check-in at training sessions
- Update and maintain email lists for online training.
- Organize event supplies and equipment.
- Update training materials
- Assist with Speedway Children’s Charity fundraisers
- Interns must be able to lift a minimum of 30 pounds.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary for this position will be $8.00 per hour.