Speedway Children’s Charities
Atlanta Chapter Director
The Atlanta Chapter Director is responsible for finding innovative ways to increase annual fundraising efforts. The Director has oversight of the operation of the Speedway Children’s Charities (SCC) Atlanta Chapter including but not limited to all Board meeting coordination, annual and event budgeting, event conception, logistical planning, event and sponsorship sales, event reconciliation, and grant functions. This position reports directly to the General Manager.
The applicant should be a highly motivated individual with a strong passion for helping children in need. Beneficial employment history should include corporate and local sales, business administration, event management, planning, organization, and experience working with or for non-profit organizations. The applicant should be a self-motivated, independent worker, have strong organizational skills, the ability to multi-task, an outstanding personality with great leadership and motivational skills.
Position Responsibilities / Overview:
The candidate will oversee all aspects of the day-to-day operation of the SCC Atlanta Chapter. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating SCC Atlanta activities with SCC National office including event schedules, annual budgeting process, financial reporting, monthly meetings, and year-end financial reconciliation.
- Coordinating regular SCC Atlanta Board of Trustees meetings.
- Responsible for maintaining a Board of Trustees and meeting with prospective board members.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the organization’s various fundraising event committees, event operations, and programs.
- Annually develop operating budgets, strategic plans, and set goals for all event programs.
- Processing monetary transactions in accordance with SCC standards relative to SCC National office and 501(c)(3) regulations.
- Oversee annual SCC Grant application process from review of applications through the distribution of grant funds.
- Connect with local businesses, elected officials, and community leaders to gain support and resources for SCC Atlanta programs.
- Promotion of overall awareness of SCC and annual events through corporate meetings, public speaking opportunities, digital, social, and other media outlets.
- Regular communication of operational status to the Atlanta Motor Speedway EVP/General Manager, SCC Atlanta Board of Directors, and SCC National office.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills
- Takes initiative
- Works independently
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Must possess a solid knowledge of accounting, budgeting, financial management, and marketing
Speedway Children's Charities History -
Speedway Children's Charities was founded in 1982 by Bruton Smith, Executive Chairman of Speedway Motorsports, as a Memoriam and legacy to his son, Bruton Cameron Smith, who passed away at a very young age. Speedway Children’s Charities includes eight chapters located at SM owned speedways across the country. Charlotte, North Carolina is home to the Speedway Children’s Charities National Office. Because of the unique conditions in every community, the issues and organizations Speedway Children's Charities assist are determined locally. Funds raised are distributed to children's related charities and organizations. Although priorities for Speedway Children's Charities are set by each local chapter, all have one common goal - to ensure every child in need be given the tools to build a better, brighter, and healthy future.