Sonoma Raceway is a key location in the Speedway Motorsports nationwide network of entertainment venues. Speedway Motorsports maintains a consistent focus on four core principles:
• Take care of our teammates
• Be known for remarkable events
• Make a positive impact on the community
• Profitably improve our business and operations
He/She will be expected to have a GLOBE mentality. GLOBE stands for Generously Lending Our Best Efforts. This is done by holding themselves and their teammates accountable for taking our best practices “the last mile” – optimizing them for maximum value to all stakeholders while sharing insights on how to improve our company.
The primary duties of this position are to perform administrative duties including but not limited to answering and routing incoming calls, greeting visitors, setting up meetings, maintaining smooth operation of the office, and providing support to the team. The position reports directly to the General Manager, and the person in this role will be regarded as an asset to the corporate office as well as the Sonoma Raceway team and our partners and clients. The ideal candidate will create a positive first and last impression for the company, be a creative problem solver with a can-do attitude, and will be pivotal to the company running smoothly and efficiently as possible.
· Maintain image of Sonoma Raceway and Speedway Motorsports by example and utmost professionalism
· Answers and directs incoming calls for Sonoma Raceway, Sonoma Raceway Driving Experience and Ticketing when needed
· Greets visitors and answers any questions
· Responsible for the admin office's day-to-day operations such as employee/guest/tenant badges, purchasing and stocking office supplies, and mail distribution.
· Works with Facilities and Finance on managing tenant communication, including badge distribution and tracking
· Coordinates with vendors the maintenance of the office including housekeeping, recycling, HVAC, etc., and the office equipment, including copier, fax machine, and printers
· Filing, scanning, faxing, as well as typing specific documentation when needed
· Maintains an updated internal phone list and distributes to employees as needed
· Coordinates office/employee events and activities
· Coordinate with shipping/receiving department on mail and package distribution, both incoming and outgoing and maintain relationships with shipping vendors
· Maintain schedule for conference rooms, and main point of contact for video/Zoom calls and accounts. Manage office IT support and interface with technology partners.
· Creation of agendas and meeting notes/recaps for staff meetings
· Assist GM with travel plans, calendar management and expense reporting when needed
· Manage visitor access to Sonoma Raceway
· Manage incoming donation requests and fulfillment.
· High school diploma or GED (equivalency) and/or minimum of 2 years related experience
· Proficient knowledge of MS Excel and Word, Outlook, Traverse and Internet
· Proficient in the English language, knowledge of a second language desirable
· Excellent written and oral communications skills
· Positive attitude and creative problem solver
· Ability to multi-task with good analytical abilities
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22 - 24 hourly
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental, and other insurance benefits
- 401(k) plan
- Vacation and paid holidays
Who we are:
Sonoma Raceway is situated in the Sonoma Valley and hosts the best in motorsports entertainment, including the NASCAR Cup Series, NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series, vintage car racing, and more. The facility boasts a world-class road course, as well as a quarter-mile drag strip. In addition, the raceway hosts a variety of annual community and fundraising events (www.SonomaRaceway.com
, @RaceSonoma, facebook.com/RaceSonoma).
Sonoma Raceway is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Please submit a resume and cover letter (if desired) to: