New Hampshire Motor Speedway is looking for a highly-motivated Digital Media Intern that is prepared to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment. The focus of the internship will be to assist the Digital Media Manger in daily operations of the website and video content production across digital media platforms.
- Film and edit promotional and live event videos using Final Cut Pro.
- Assist the Digital Media Manager and Social Engagement Coordinator with daily content production on NHMS.com, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and Snapchat.
- Work assigned weekends to provide social media coverage of track-related events.
- Monitor and respond to fan engagement and questions using Sprout Social.
- Learn to use Google/YouTube/Twitter Analytics and Facebook Insights to produce regular reports on website and social media traffic.
- Gain a working knowledge of the NHMS.com content management system to update the website.
- Assist the Communications Department where needed, including with event planning and execution.
Skills and Attributes
- Understanding of social media: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and Snapchat.
- A working knowledge of NASCAR and motorsports in general.
- Video editing experience with Final Cut Pro (or a comparable program, such as Adobe Premiere Pro) is preferred.
- An understanding of best practices for videotaping live sports action and conducting interviews.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop is a plus.
- Ability to listen and adapt in a fast-paced environment, and take responsibility for projects from start to finish.
- Availability and enthusiasm to work non-traditional hours, including nights and weekends.
- Willingness to contribute creative ideas to the Communications Department.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
Experience and Education
Degree-seeking college student majoring in communications, journalism, or related field.
This is a credit-based program and an unpaid internship. College credit must be received. Compensation for housing, transportation, and/or relocation will not be provided.