New Hampshire Motor Speedway, the largest sports and entertainment facility in New England, is seeking a highly-motivated and dedicated professional to join our communications department. The primary responsibility of this position will focus on written communications while also working on advanced media for the speedway.
• Writes and edits press releases, features, website copy, souvenir program stories, fan guide.
• Assists with development, editing and proofing of all corporate materials.
• Assists in planning and execution of all publicity events.
• Assists with media outreach, pitching, clip reports and keeping contacts up to date.
• Assists in managing the press box and media center during major events.
• Helps with day-to-day department activities, promotions and projects.
• Leads intern(s) to a path of success and project assistance within the department.
Skills and Attributes:
• Strong writing and editing skills are essential.
• Master of AP Style formatting.
• Has an eye for detail and stylization within projects.
• Ability to contribute creative ideas and concepts.
• Is a go-getter who takes initiative on projects.
• Ability to make quick decisions in a fast-paced ever changing environment while keeping a positive attitude.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet multiple deadlines.
• Ability to multi-task and with exceptional organizational skills.
• Ability to work flexible and non-traditional hours including nights and weekends.
• Ability to travel.
Experience and Education:
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, corporate communications or similar field.
• A minimum of two years of related work experience.
• Two to three years of writing experience. Writing samples are required.
• Experience with PR clipping services (Cision, TV Eyes), press release distribution services and social media monitoring platforms.
• New England media contacts and positive working relationships is a plus.
Based on applicant's skill and experience.