As an Intern at Kentucky Speedway in our Operations Department, you will have the opportunity to gain experience in the fields of construction, maintenance, and facility operations. This internship will teach the importance of organization, coordination, and communication. You should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment and will finish the internship having gained experience in various aspects of sports facility maintenance and development.
This internship allows students to network within the motorsports industry and local community while working at one of the premier racing facilities in the United States. By the end of this internship, you will have a better understanding of the process and preparation that goes into planning and working at a race facility.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in the facility operations of a major sports industry.
Interns may work up to 40 hours per week and must be available to work extended hours during the race weekend. This is a paid internship at $9.00 per hour beginning early spring and continuing through the summer.
Job Duties / Requirements
- Assist in keeping Kentucky Speedway organized and safe.
- Assist with keeping Kentucky Speedway landscape maintained and functional.
- Ability to operate equipment such as a tractor, mower, and parking lot roller.
- Ability to work a on a team to accomplish common goal
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy and quality in work performance
- Ability to complete work in a timely manner
- Ability to consistently be at work on time, follow instructions, respond to management directions, commit to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals and complete necessary tasks
- Ability to paint with a brush or a roller
- Ability to work in various positions, including but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Ability to work in various degrees of outdoor weather conditions, including but not limited to extreme heat, cold, or rain.
- Ability to take direction and work well with other
- Strong attention to details, cost effectiveness and a keen sense of priority
- Ability to work in a diverse environment in an efficient and consistent and professional manner
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background screen
- Interns are expected to adhere to all company policies
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.