As an Intern at Kentucky Speedway in our Corporate Sales department, you will have the opportunity to gain experience in the fields of Corporate Sales, Client Services, and Marketing. This may include sponsorship development, client contract fulfillment, on-site marketing, event set-up and dismantle, and more. This internship will teach the importance of organization, coordination, contract fulfillment, and communication. You will also learn the importance of understanding client needs as well as the needs of Kentucky Speedway. You should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment, and will finish the internship having gained experience in various aspects of corporate sales and client services.
The internship allows students to network within the motorsports industry and local community while working at one of the premier racing facilities in the United States. By the end of this internship, you will have a better understanding of the process and preparation that goes into planning and working at a race facility.
Interns may work up to 40 hours per week and must be available to work extended hours during the race weekend. This is a paid, hourly position at $8.00 per hour.
- Assist with monitoring, tracking and fulfilling contracted assets
- Assist with onsite coordination of all hospitality areas including Suites
- Keep client history files orderly and up to date
- Manage event mailings to Clients including tickets, credentials and correspondence
- Partner with Client Services team to manage/resolve issues during event
- Assist Account Executives in future client research
- Assist Marketing with special projects and on-site event marketing
- Assist in day-to-day operations. This may involve making phone calls, faxing, organizing, filing, and general organization
- Excellent computer and customer relation skills are a must
- Attention to detail and accuracy are imperative
- Eager to brainstorm and bring new ideas to all projects
Ability to remain flexible, handling changing priorities and tight deadlines