This position will be responsible for overall safety and security of Charlotte Motor Speedway with a concentration on Smith Tower and secondarily, the entire CMS property. The Security Officer position greets guests and employees as they enter Smith Tower and facilitates the resolutions to unforeseen problems that arise with various scheduled activities.
' Friday and Saturday nights from 10pm to 6am (Third Shift)
' Will be schedule to work every other weekend and as needed based on events.
· Maintain security inside Smith Tower by utilizing foot patrols for visibility and to check that doors are locked and patrol around property in Security Vehicle to make sure gates are secured.
· Greet employees and visitors and direct them to their destination as needed.
· Work with staff as needed to facilitate events happening in a fan friendly atmosphere.
· Maintain communications with Fire/EMS, Police, and alarm companies and respond as needed in the event of an emergency.
· Respond to security related calls on the CMS property
· During events, assist with safety and security of spectators in and around Smith Tower.
· Monitor security cameras.
· Keep written log of daily activity.
· Must be at least 21 years of age or older
High School graduate or GED,
· Basic computer skills
· Read and Write English
· Available to work weekends
· Able to stand or sit for extended periods of time (Up to one hour at a time)
· Prior Law Enforcement, Military, and Security preferred
Not be scared of the dark